Thread: ej205tt swap into wrx?

ej205tt swap into wrx?

I saw on eBay legacy twin Turbo motors with transmissions for sale. They are the ej205tt. Well I know the 02 wrx has a type of ej205. So does anyone know if this swap Is possible or could point me to a thread more about It or just has anything to say about the subject please leave a comment! Thanks.

It doesn't fit the engine bay on LHD cars. I'm told the master cylinder for the brakes is in the way. So if you were able to fab the TT manifold in theory it would be a great way to minimize lag but in practice the two turbos don't work well with each other from what I'm told on rs25.

It'd be more worth your time to mod your existing engine.
    Last edited by Jagular1785; 01-06-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Chris

Member of 100AW 2012,2013,&2014 Start Crew

2000 Outback wagon
    1997 GF4 OBS frankenwagon- Sold
    2001 XL883C HD Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by Jagular1785 View Post
    It doesn't fit the engine bay on LHD cars. I'm told the master cylinder for the brakes is in the way. So if you were able to fab the TT manifold in theory it would be a great way to minimize lag but in practice the two turbos don't work well with each other from what I'm told on rs25.

It'd be more worth your time to mod your existing engine.
    This. Either a ej207 or ej22 would be your best bet if you are looking for a jdm'ish swap or smaller displacement.
    #1 Top poster 19k and still posting
    The Official KCSubaru Ninja

I have a wrx 2.0 Turbo with a vf22 Turbo on 16 psi already. I don't have the 2.5 rs. Just was wondering if it might be woth building it with bigger injectors and better turbos. Since it starts at about 265 hp. And with my mods maybe that or a little over. And my wrx is left hand drive its not jdm version.

RS25 is a forum I am on and is where I'm getting a lot of info (rs25.com).

I still think you would be best to just upgrade your existing turbo and fueling if you want significant gains, you have a decent platform to build upon. Just be wary about your transmission. There are quite a few out there who go bigger turbo and crank the boost up then end up break their 5MTs.

JDM setups mean you absolutely have to pay to get it tuned and that alone doesn't guarantee that you won't lose a rod bearing.
    Last edited by Jagular1785; 01-06-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Chris

Member of 100AW 2012,2013,&2014 Start Crew

2000 Outback wagon
    1997 GF4 OBS frankenwagon- Sold
    2001 XL883C HD Sportster

They get pretty horrendous lag from what I've read. Not worth swapping in.

Im not going for massive gains. And im going to trans swap to an sti this summer. But I Just thought it would be cool to have a twin Turbo wrx.