Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake light won't shut off on gauge cluster

All good ideas. The switch is the easiest fix, but it's probably the worn pads or low fluid.
    2007 Forester X

And, as someone stated above, a flush would be in order since it's an older model. Get that water crap out to make the system last longer.
    2007 Forester X

could be a line or hose leaking too
    ASE Master tech in training , 4 year Pittstate auto tech student
    "we like that them there good booze"
    "I'm half drunk and your more than less sober"
    All Sales Are Final

mine does it sometimes and i have come to find its due to my lever being loose i have to have it all the way up in order to stay on a small down slide driveway. i'm just too lazy to tighten it

Quote Originally Posted by myveryown07 View Post
    mine does it sometimes and i have come to find its due to my lever being loose i have to have it all the way up in order to stay on a small down slide driveway. i'm just too lazy to tighten it
    No, this is not it..

The E-Brake part of that lights function is due to handle position. That cable is easy to tighten, just a nut and lock nut on the end of the cable.

There are many reasons why your brake fluid is low. Check the pads and rotors, if they are good, add some brake fluid. /thread.

Sounds like once the brakes warm up a little or the car moves violently the light goes off, due to moving the float, or heating the fluid.

Subaru, it's all we'll drive!

wow! Thanks for all of the input! I'm checking the fluid levels as we speak. I checked the plug at the base of the ebrake under the center console and it is connected. Brake pads were just checked last month to be almost new from previous owner (SHOCKER!). Checked them because I repainted the calipers the right way and resurfaced the rotors. Thanks all! I'm checking more into this as we speak and I will post the outcome asap!
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I feel retarded XD
    The brake fluid was low, I just didn't ever get the light just right to see it!!! LOL
    But in light of my stupid mistake, my fluid is checked and full, my pads are good, my rotors are freshly turned, and I'm about to clean the crap out of 'Ol Blue! Already changed the parking lights, head lights, and interior lights to blue!
    Thanks again all!
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

This and "my parking lights will not go off" are the common 2.

If you are going to work on your own car, which is admirable, you are going to have to learn through the easy stuff. Good job!

Subaru, it's all we'll drive!

Blog Entries
    I've been guilty of the parking lights noob question... glad you got it taken care of.
    You can't negotiate turns, you can't signal properly, you can't maintain speed, you can't parallel park.Hell, you can't drive!

glad I read the parking light thread, or I would have had both noob questions posted XD haha
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX