Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smartphone Thread

Scoobie Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fullerswrx View Post
    so i plan on getting the bionic soon. would i be better off trading my phone in for the 100 credit or trying to sell it privately for more money. i dont know if id be able to get much more privately though. I have the original droid but a brand new "refurbed" one i got a week ago. whatchyall think?
    Sorry to rain on your parade man but the credit is from a basic phone to a smart phone so going from a droid to the bionic won't get you the credit. Also you may still be able to get $100 on craigslist or ebay. Having previously worked in a Verizon store people are still desperate to get a phone when they're under contract and can't upgrade when they soak their phone. We always told them craigslist or ebay would be cheapest and at the time buying a full price refurb droid was $200+

I kinda like this one.

#1 Top poster 19k and still posting
    The Official KCSubaru Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VF34RX View Post
    www.snappzmarket.com

You'll thank me later. View this on your phone so you can directly download.

(paid apps free)
    I just want to be sure that everyone paid attention to this post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VF34RX View Post
    I just want to be sure that everyone paid attention to this post.
    just an FYI. the latest version of the snappz market will crash the app. avoid using it... i am stuck now because I can't dl an older version
    You can't negotiate turns, you can't signal properly, you can't maintain speed, you can't parallel park.Hell, you can't drive!

Quote Originally Posted by AWD Bishop View Post
    just an FYI. the latest version of the snappz market will crash the app. avoid using it... i am stuck now because I can't dl an older version
    It did that to me. Tried to update to a 2.0.6 version then directed me back to download the 2.0.5 version again and it works fine. I think it was a dev problem or a premature release.

Snappzmarket update! All you have to do is download the latest update, register, and you are good to go. The new version is much faster/smoother. Might be kinda glitchy at times but still gets you what you want.

Scoobie Expert
    Ok so i could really use a password keeper app on my phone. Any recommendations? And is it safe?
    "I wish my grass was Emo, then it would cut itself!"

HTC EVO 3D...Android market offers one app that iPhone doesn't!...girls in yoga pants app lol :-p

I just jumped into the smart-phone pool with an HTC Inspire 4G (ATT)...and I'm COMPLETELY lost

Thanks for the links, John. I've got a TON of research to do.

Pete

'05 STI WRB...His
    '02 WRX SRP...Hers (RIP)
    '02 WRX Wagon MBP...Hers (traded for...)
    '09 Forester XT NBP...Hers

Quote Originally Posted by pnasmith View Post
    I just jumped into the smart-phone pool with an HTC Inspire 4G (ATT)...and I'm COMPLETELY lost

Thanks for the links, John. I've got a TON of research to do.

Pete
    Awesome. Best thing you can do is just play with it for awhile till you are used to and know what the phone does. Every phone have different roots and roms, just look around for the best ones and go that route. Just always sync with a google account and make backups before you do anything big.