Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injectors - Top feed vs. Side feed

Injectors - Top feed vs. Side feed

I'm looking into getting new injectors, wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm looking at Deatchwerks 750cc top feeds and Deatchwerks 750cc side feeds. The side feeds are about $200 more so I'm wondering if there is some special difference between the two?
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

I believe the side feeds are for the STi's and our wrx's are top feeds. So unless you have STi fuel rails and whatnot you will only need top feeds.
    #1 Top poster 19k and still posting
    The Official KCSubaru Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VF34RX View Post
    I believe the side feeds are for the STi's and our wrx's are top feeds. So unless you have STi fuel rails and whatnot you will only need top feeds.
    that's kinda what I thought. I'll probably upgrade the rails too so I guess I'll just have to match everything up at that time.
    Caleb

Top feeds are better regardless though. What are you planning on running on injector size? turbo? etc...

Blog Entries
    I've been doing a lot of looking around for my turbo upgrade and topfeed are for the WRX and 07 STi and sidefeed or for the 04-06 STi. I'm going topfed 07 STi (565cc) injectors and either vf34 or 16g. I'm only looking for 300awhp max so this will suit me. curious what you are looking to do as well.
    You can't negotiate turns, you can't signal properly, you can't maintain speed, you can't parallel park.Hell, you can't drive!

From my understanding:

All WRX = Topfeed
    04-06 STI = Sidefeed
    07+ STI = Topfeed
    -Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

Not sure what power I'm shooting for. I originally was looking at around 300-350 awhp, now I'm just going to build and see where it lands. Right now I'm looking to add at least 650cc injectors, probably a high flow fuel rail, and the Walbro 255. I'm not completely decided on a turbo, I'm floating around between a 18g or a 20g Blousch. Also looking into going FMIC and adding a Tial 38mm EWG with all that for me means a new Uppipe and headers most likely, maybe a Grimmspeed ported intake and definitely looking into TGV deletes. I'll probably be looking for a new gearset by the time all this is done.
    Caleb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
    From my understanding:

All WRX = Topfeed
    04-06 STI = Sidefeed
    07+ STI = Topfeed
    ^^this^^
    You can't negotiate turns, you can't signal properly, you can't maintain speed, you can't parallel park.Hell, you can't drive!

Quote Originally Posted by CZ03WRX View Post
    Not sure what power I'm shooting for. I originally was looking at around 300-350 awhp, now I'm just going to build and see where it lands. Right now I'm looking to add at least 650cc injectors, probably a high flow fuel rail, and the Walbro 255. I'm not completely decided on a turbo, I'm floating around between a 18g or a 20g Blousch. Also looking into going FMIC and adding a Tial 38mm EWG with all that for me means a new Uppipe and headers most likely, maybe a Grimmspeed ported intake and definitely looking into TGV deletes. I'll probably be looking for a new gearset by the time all this is done.
    Ok i would do this then. If you plan on getting a big turbo like a td06 20g 8^cm (which i would recommend instead of the 18g) you should just go with the ID1000cc injector and rail setup form MKC. You can always tune down the injectors to meet your needs but it also gives you all the head room you will ever need if you go bigger or decide to run E85. Now if you dont want to go with a bigger turbo like that i would highly recommend the 68HTA. I've seen alot of good numbers and powerbands come from this turbo. Get the port/polish manifolds from grimmspeed with their high flow cross pipe, their 38mm uppipe, and also consider tgv deletes. You will also want to upgrade your inlet tube and intake.

Now what about your brakes? You will atleast want better rotors and pads with all the new power.

Quote Originally Posted by VF34RX View Post
    Ok i would do this then. If you plan on getting a big turbo like a td06 20g 8^cm (which i would recommend instead of the 18g) you should just go with the ID1000cc injector and rail setup form MKC. You can always tune down the injectors to meet your needs but it also gives you all the head room you will ever need if you go bigger or decide to run E85. Now if you dont want to go with a bigger turbo like that i would highly recommend the 68HTA. I've seen alot of good numbers and powerbands come from this turbo. Get the port/polish manifolds from grimmspeed with their high flow cross pipe, their 38mm uppipe, and also consider tgv deletes. You will also want to upgrade your inlet tube and intake.

Now what about your brakes? You will atleast want better rotors and pads with all the new power.
    Great advice! thanks. I am currently running 15inch slotted/drilled rotors all around, unsure on the brand with Tokico front capliers and I think the rears may still be stock. Raybestos pads, haha.
    Caleb