Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: local BPs with 92+ octane

local BPs with 92+ octane

CLICK HERE for the google map

If anybody has any adds or deletes for me, please post them here.

Stickied.
    #1 Top poster 19k and still posting
    The Official KCSubaru Ninja

It's back baby!!!
    John
    1995 Cosmos Black M3
    2005 Black STi(Sold)
    1998 Black Forester S(Sold)
    1993 Honda Accord EX DD

Ever since I have been buying 91 octane in MO (cheap and right by work) vs BP 91 in KS (always went to same 3 places depending on where I was)I have been getting waaay better mpg with the 91 in MO gas. Hell, now I don't even do anything until I hit 300 on my tank and that's usually at 1/4 tank left. So I don't know what it is?!
    -Joe
    1993 Impreza L wagon slow as hell but modded suspension (sold)
    2002 Impreza WRX wagon stage 2.5 VF30 (sold)
    2008 Scion xB, white
    Music page: https://soundcloud.com/stentorian

Quote Originally Posted by stentorian
    Ever since I have been buying 91 octane in MO (cheap and right by work) vs BP 91 in KS (always went to same 3 places depending on where I was)I have been getting waaay better mpg with the 91 in MO gas. Hell, now I don't even do anything until I hit 300 on my tank and that's usually at 1/4 tank left. So I don't know what it is?!
    -Joe
    I would guess the 91 you're buying now doesn't contain ethanol. The BP stuff does.

The BP station at 87th st and hwy 69 has 93.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1
    The BP station at 87th st and hwy 69 has 93.
    I've already got this one on the map, unless you mean there's another:
    10700 W 87TH STREET
    LENEXA 66215
    913-888-3444
    I updated the entry to reflect 93 octane. You can change the color of the placemarks so I'm using gold for 93. If you guys can recall other stations with 93 just let me know.

Re: local BPs with 92+ octane

FYI, BP.com has a station locator on their site but unfortunately octane rating is not one of the selectable criteria to search for...it will show where the stations are. I suppose it is up to you to call or go by to determine if a given station carries 93 octane or not...

http://www.bp.com/toolserver/heliospowe ... Id=7031707

L

Quote Originally Posted by ac0hd
    FYI, BP.com has a station locator on their site but unfortunately octane rating is not one of the selectable criteria to search for...it will show where the stations are. I suppose it is up to you to call or go by to determine if a given station carries 93 octane or not...

http://www.bp.com/toolserver/heliospowe ... Id=7031707

L
    Yep, that's what I use to verify the complete address and phone number after somebody reports a new station for the map.

Too bad they don't list octane availability but I suppose there probably aren't that many looking with that as a goal in mind...

Be nice if there was a database for other brands (good quality) with 92+ octane across the state. I travel from Moberly to Oklahoma at least once a month which takes me down thru the Springfield area....on my trip, apparently the last BP is around Osage Beach/Lake of the Ozarks so if I need to refuel (I am running a 93 octane map) I either have to search for something >92 octane which has been fruitless (Shell is my alternate but they don't carry 93 that I've found).... or re-flash to my 91 octane map or drive slow and easy and stay out of the 'afterburner'.

Les