Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Best Free Mods

So I came across this mod for a short ram intake. I did it before I even new there was a mod out there and it seems to work on my car so far ( still testing it out )

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...am-intake.html
    RICK LITTLE RED RACE CAR
    2003 WRX Sedona Red Pearl---Tuned by Kyle---3'' TBE High Flow---2.5'' Catless UP
    K&N Typhoon SRI---Godspeed Inlet---Grimmspeed Lightened Crank Pulley---Walbro 255
    MikeySpeed Cross Pipe---BFM 3 Port EBCS---Godspeed TMIC
    TEIN S Techs

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSubie View Post
    So I came across this mod for a short ram intake. I did it before I even new there was a mod out there and it seems to work on my car so far ( still testing it out )

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...am-intake.html
    This mod frightens me. Our cars MAFs are so sensitive that there are only 2 ram intakes on the market that don't "require" tuning and even then, most places will tell you that you should. For the record, those are the K&N Typhoon (and by proxy the SPT since it is a K&N Typhoon re-branded) and the COBB short ram.
    -Aaron- So called "Ninja Lawyer"

2013 WRB BRZ
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R Rally Car

http://kcmotorsport.com/ It's up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrolix View Post
    This mod frightens me. Our cars MAFs are so sensitive that there are only 2 ram intakes on the market that don't "require" tuning and even then, most places will tell you that you should. For the record, those are the K&N Typhoon (and by proxy the SPT since it is a K&N Typhoon re-branded) and the COBB short ram.
    Agreed. And as stated elsewhere, the stock airbox is your best option until like 500+ hp
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

ya I just seen this and had already tried it before I seen it and as stated I am still testing but I am going to go back to my hacked up box cause I can only get 15 psi boost out of this.
    RICK LITTLE RED RACE CAR
    2003 WRX Sedona Red Pearl---Tuned by Kyle---3'' TBE High Flow---2.5'' Catless UP
    K&N Typhoon SRI---Godspeed Inlet---Grimmspeed Lightened Crank Pulley---Walbro 255
    MikeySpeed Cross Pipe---BFM 3 Port EBCS---Godspeed TMIC
    TEIN S Techs

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSubie View Post
    ya I just seen this and had already tried it before I seen it and as stated I am still testing but I am going to go back to my hacked up box cause I can only get 15 psi boost out of this.
    Don't get me the idea is very cool and would be cooler if it was working for you. It just doesn't really add power on these cars.
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

Bump it up?

Subaru, it's all we'll drive!

nice

Great write up