Thread: favorite backdrop

favorite backdrop

So after looking at the great pictures ShagginWagon took, and the season changing, I wanted to know where everyones favorite place(s) to take photos of there cars are. Or where do you think a good place to take photos would be.

Shaggin, I really like the one you posted with the blue bridge. Where did you take that and what equipment did you use?

I think good pictures can be taken anywhere. But the backdrops I enjoy the most are either really natural looking (shelter at a lake / park, or some kind of landmark) or really urban looking (buildings, bridges, graffiti).

Scoobie Newbie
    Yep I agree with Justin too.Areas that help enhance the car and don't take away from it are best. I would list off some of my favorite spots but they are mostly in Lawrence so that won't be as helpful.

Parking garages are always fun.

Industrial

Lake side

Blingstrom, that last garage shot, is the highlighting done with lighting and camera settings during the shoot or in editing after the shot was taken? Obviously the top one doesn't look the same at all.

Scoobie Newbie
    Haha yeah that was the idea. My friend in front of the car is taking the shot while I was doing my own. It was light painted with about 18 shots stitched together to make one shot. All the highlighting was done during the shot.

I added to show with different techniques you can have quite different photo styles.

Another from the garage here from me.

Here is another shot he light painted if you like that one.

I always thought the light painted night shots were done with single long exposure. But you're saying it's done with a combination of multiple shots?

Scoobie Newbie
    They can be done in both ways. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in the end results.

Here is a gif he made of putting together the first shot. It shows the pictures as they are added in.
    [U=h
    Last edited by Blingstrom; 10-08-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Neato, thanks!