Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning bigger injectors???

Scoobie Newbie
    On a old back country road, with a wide open throttle.

Tuning bigger injectors???

Alright guys heres the issue i'm having. i have an 05 wrx with a pretty good amount of upgrades i.e. : Full turbo back catless exhaust, header, up pipe, blouch 16g turbo, aem CAI accesport v2 sub 001, twin disk clutch and lightened flywheel, perrin turbo inlet, new HIgh performance Coils and CNT 255 fuel pump....... I was running this all on the stock (light blue) injectors at a comfortable 16lbs of boost with a Accesport stage 2 tune...... Well obvioulsy i was pushing the stock inkectors to their limits, so i replaced them with 1d1000s plug and play...... for some extremely strange reason even with a stage 3 tune from the accesport, the car is running extremely lean. i do have Innovative motorsports widenad AFR and at idle i'm running a decent 14.2-15.0ish.... and the car runs just fine right up untill 33 3400 rpm when i start to hit boost. and the car will bog badly then boost BUT it will OVERBOOST and the AFR will read like 7.0 at WOT and 3300 rpm so somehow it's compensating in the wrong direction. ITs making the car run leaner than the stock injectors did......... Kind of confused on that, nothing else was changed except for the injectors and i've even tried to run 4 or 5 diffferent downloaded tunes for it even the economy/ stock tune and it will still do it??? any ideas other than gettting a pro-tune or any of you out there really good with opensourcing i cld talk into coming and giving me a tune? any infor wld be greatly appreciated............

Yes, you have to change the tune for different injectors. If you read the RomRaider sticky in this section, you'll see a screen shot of the injector scalar table.

But, you shouldn't have to ditch your AP to do that. You should be able to request the Access Tuner software from Cobb:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/s...cesstuner-race

Scoobie Newbie
    I already have the accesstuner software and am currently trying to kinda teach myself with it. Truth be told i dont trust myself enough yet to give it a shot myself. Also im lacking a tactrix cable. Anyone anywhere close to Topeka that wld be willing to help me out?

Still not sure why you're mentioning Tactrix / Open Source when you have an AP already. But anyway regardless of your tuning solution, the sticky would be a good place to start if you want to learn custom tuning.

In your case, stock injector values paired with 1000cc injectors would definitely give you super rich AFRs. I did a quick google search and found scalar and latency values you could start with:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2441383

Scoobie Newbie
    To he completely honest because i am tune stupid. All the mechanical abilities in the word, but tuning not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

How do inuse the accestuner in conjunction with my ap to tune? Im sorry but i really am illiterTe on this part.and my car was tunning so smooth and perfect and very quick with just all the bolt ons untill i did this, so id like to get her back in the game. Especially this week as im on vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

Id even be willing to drive out to someone much well versed in this than myself to show me how and help tune.

You'd just have to take whatever tune you're currently running, open it in the software, make the change and put the new tune on the AP, then apply it to your ECU.

I will try and take some screen shots tonight when I get home.

Scoobie Newbie
    That would be very helpful, ive figured out how to upload the map im running to accesstuner and view all of its settings, but cant figure out how to change them? So that wld be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help and info bud. I think i rememebr meeting you at last years bar b que too.

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna just text me the screenshots thatd probably be easier if thats cool with you? 785 554 2601

I took the screen shots on my laptop, so easier to just host and post them. Plus somebody else might find them useful.

Cobb uses different units for the scale value than RomRaider does. But I found some info they put out about the 1000cc injectors:

https://cobb.app.box.com/cobb1000ccsubarudata

They also have some general reading on injectors if you're interested:

https://cobb.app.box.com/ipwandfuelinjectorscaling

Here are my screen shots from the Access Tuner software:

Scale:

Latency:

Scoobie Newbie
    Thanks for the help sir. Ive gone in and reset the parameters using these as a base. Its not perfect, but its withing stoich pretty consistantly now. Much appreciated thanks for the lesson.

Glad to hear it! You're welcome and good luck.