Thread: Can someone unmarry my ECU? (unmarried Cobb accessport needed)

Can someone unmarry my ECU? (unmarried Cobb accessport needed)

Hey all, just picked up a 02 WRX that was supposedly returned to stock. Hits 1.2BAR and I can't access the ECU, looks like stage 2 tune is still in there.

Does anyone have an Unmarried Accessport that can unmarry/return to stock my ECU?
    Supposedly anyone with Unmarried/free accessport can connect to my ECU, marry it, and then unmarry/uninstall and then the access port and my ECU are allowed to go their seperate ways.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2&postcount=19

Willing to make it worth your while to do me a solid.

Thanks,
    Nathan

Do you happen to know what version AP flashed it originally? I don't know if it matters, but it is conceivable they use different locks between them.

Might be worth your time to go ask Chad at MKC what he can do. All else fails, I guess you could pull the ECU and send it to Cobb.

Supposedly version does not matter so long as the AP is the right style (001 for '02 WRX i think) for the car. The AP will see it as married to a Cobb and will be forced to overwrite (new marriage) and then will force it to whatever firmware version that AP uses. At that point i can turn around and unmarry. I guess AP kept the same bootloader across all versions.

MKC, as in this place? http://mkcperformance.com/ I will ring them up tomorrow.

Thanks!

-Nathan

Yep that's them. Chad and Ryan are good peeps.

Is the end goal to keep it stock, or are you going to tune it with the open source tools?

Called MKC but Ryan needed to talk with Chris and i never heard back, they were quite busy it seemed. I will try again tomorrow.

Goal is to open source. I tuned my 2010 and enjoyed the experience. Not going for max power, just want something to mess with. Current tune has fuel trims all off, knock in places and IAM is not maxed. Far from ideal. Someone probably installed wrong map or went with race gas tune at some point.

I currently have the EBC blocked off so I can keep it to 8PSI or less.