Thread: Newbie looking for some advice on service shop and some possible upgrades

New User

Newbie looking for some advice on service shop and some possible upgrades

Hi All,

I have a 2004 WRX Wagon bought new, now has 150,000 miles on it and still stock. I've had work done at the dealerships and agree that LSS is hands down the best IMHO. However, I live near Parkville and it's such schlep out and back to LSS so I was wondering if there was a place local that works on Subaru's that anyone can recommend. I have found a place to get some basic stuff done for now.

First thing I'm thinking of doing is getting my uppipe replaced (been reading about the possible cat deterioration and damage to the turbo), looking at getting the Grimmspeed. Anyone have any thoughts on Grimmspeed v COBB uppipe?

Also looking at possibly getting COBB Subaru 02-05 WRX Stage 1+ Power Package with V3.

Will freely admit that I'm pretty limited mechanically, but willing to learn and have a decent garage to work in.

I saw the threads on the DIY repair shop out in Olathe, KS, that's definitely a possibility.

Any advice much appreciated.

regards
    Paul

I have the Grimmspeed UP and it is very nice. But I don't think you can go wrong. Cobb makes good stuff and you could always look for an STi UP too.

The only shop I can think of up north is JT Auto. And I assume MKC would be a little closer for you than LSS.

+1 For MKC, they put a clutch in my last Legacy and did a fine job.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    05 Legacy GT Limited w/ Invida DP and UP, P204 UH, and MKC tune (Sold)

^^ Modified by KC is the only place I take my car to get worked on, and I also live near Parkville. Honest guys there and not overpriced.

As for Up-pipe, I have a Grimmspeed and is super nice. You prob can't go wrong with any name brand, just dont buy the Ebay junk knockoffs.

Welcome to the site!

Up is a PITA. Down pipe, exhaust and flash are pretty easy DIY

Subaru, it's all we'll drive!