Thread: Prime example of why not to buy a car from CarMax

Prime example of why not to buy a car from CarMax

Sold my Mazda CX-5 to them when I found my unicorn on craigslist, they listed it for more than I paid for it new.

This is nothing new to me, I've witnessed several dealers similar to CarMax pull this. Also make sure to be clear with this assumption, make sure you didn't get any kind of a discount when you bought this originally.
    2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    1.6 Liter DOHC B16A Motor
    5 Speed Manual Transmission

Nowadays isn't the only benefit to buying from CarMax the fact they will warranty nearly any car? I know Jalopnik often has articles on the best unreliable cars that CarMax will offer with a warranty. Hell Doug has more than broken even on the LandRover that he bought that started those articles.

http://dougdemuro.kinja.com/why-your...m-ca-814250605

http://jalopnik.com/the-6-coolest-un...max-1650270557

Yeah you are paying a factory price for a used car, but often the CarMax warranty will long outlive the factory warranty. When some of these cars have engine failures that cost more than a subaru, it is pretty nice to have that warranty.
    Last edited by JSchell1309; 12-29-2014 at 04:41 PM.

You can get aftermarket warranty that are very similar to Carmax's. The problem is most people don't want to deal with the hassle of researching each offer and seeing what the reviews are. Going to carmax is just easy and for some people it's worth the premium. That said, I haven't seen that crazy of a markup on the cars they are selling that I would consider buying.

Well it's already gone so someone fell for it.