Thread: Anyone ever used "Discount Autoglass"?

Anyone ever used "Discount Autoglass"?

I'm shopping around to get my Legacy windshield replaced and there is a huge difference in price compared to Safelite, Kryger, etc. Discount gave me total of $209 complete replacement. Everyone else has been giving me $350-$375. Am I not seeing or understanding something here on why there is a huge price difference. From my understanding there are only two manufactures who make automotive glass in the industry. Why the complete huge difference in price?

- - - Updated - - -

Might be having DIY do it as they said they have a guy who does the auto glass install for pretty cheap considering he doesn't have any over head. Can anyone tell me is it worth going for the higher price based on the warranty or is it pretty much just go for the lesser of the two?
    2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    1.6 Liter DOHC B16A Motor
    5 Speed Manual Transmission

Never used them but I can recommend Santa Fe Glass.

Scoobie Regular
    Used them once. Decent. Not bad for the price. It was like $175 for a windshield replacement installed. Can't beat it.

Got a guy that does auto glass install at DIY coming to the house in the morning. He's only charging $189 for replacement and everything. Safelite and others were wanting minimum $350 for the same service. I figure it's all the overhead these giants have.
    2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    1.6 Liter DOHC B16A Motor
    5 Speed Manual Transmission