Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended bulb replacements? HID Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin 05 Sti View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "overpower" the headlights. More light is always better as long as you're not blinding anybody.

That begs the question, are you going to use them as true fog lights (only in low visibility situations), or more like driving lights (on all the time)?
    I guess by overpower is that the headlights are the white/blue color and I want to put the yellow in the fog lights for visibility but I guess that is how you aim them. I go to work in the dark and would be using them all the time while driving at night. During the day I have the day time running lights separately. I usually don't turn on the fogs if it is light enough to see the road. My vision isn't the best so more light is better for me at night so want something that is going to put light out but definitely not blind people. And I don't want to worry about melting anything. I'm looking for a good product that does what they say without the hassle. Haven't bought from Diode Dynamics before but there kits look well built. Just wondering on opinions of others that have done this and $ vs light difference when driving at night. Is it worth the time to change them for the light difference.

I think it would be worth it for the extra light. But I would not get yellow if you want to use them like driving lights, I would go for a color temperature more like 5000k. They'd match your headlights better and probably work better for non-foggy night driving.

I still haven't decided on what to do haha! I'm tempted to just get the highest rated regular bulb instead of dumping money into a non-turbo leggy! I have plans for getting something else here later on, so I'll just pick up some better bulbs for the stock housing.
    2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    1.6 Liter DOHC B16A Motor
    5 Speed Manual Transmission

I'm wondering if the bulbs that are in there now are crap. I've never thought that the Legacy lights neede improvement. I think they are great for standard in town driving. I did put some nice Sylvania bulbs in though. But for the country the brights work ok. And as for the WRX foglight question. I want him to look at the sides when he turns them on. I notice that the sides of the road light up quite a bit when I use my foglights vs the regurlar lights.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    05 Legacy GT Limited w/ Invida DP and UP, P204 UH, and MKC tune (Sold)

Extremely late response on this thread, I'm still throwing the idea of getting a better setup or just better bulbs. Maybe if we can get some folks together for the usual BWW meets I can get some opinions on bulb replacements or maybe an upgrade.

I got the Diode Dynamics HID kit for the fogs in the yellow. Put them on this last weekend and did a better adjustment last night and this morning driving in they were awesome. They pick up all the reflectors on the road and are bright but not blinding. If you are up north stop by and take a look. I really like them and were easy to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Blue View Post
    I got the Diode Dynamics HID kit for the fogs in the yellow. Put them on this last weekend and did a better adjustment last night and this morning driving in they were awesome. They pick up all the reflectors on the road and are bright but not blinding. If you are up north stop by and take a look. I really like them and were easy to install.
    Yeah I'll hit you up when I make it up North, just don't want to make any purchases and end up hating or thinking it looks like rice.