Thread: Anyone see the 100 AW Rally on cable last weekend?

Anyone see the 100 AW Rally on cable last weekend?

I think I was on NBCSN (NBC Sports Network). I'm guessing it was a repeat. I always hear you guys talking about the 100 AW Rally and how fun it is. It did look really fun.
    I also have a question, when did Travis Pastrana get in a Subaru again, wasn't he driving a Dodge Dart last year and occasionally doing NASCAR? I apparently have missed some things.
    Anyway, it was nice to see Travis back in a Subaru, because Travis Pastrana is what taught me what a Subaru was. He did a piece for a motocross magazine in 2002 where he drove the WRC Rally with Colin McRae(RIP). I was fascinated by these rally cars and then started watching them, and loved watching Peter Solberg in the WRC.

It's also good to not see him crash. I've only seen him in person once, in the St Louis Supercross in 2004, he made a pass for the lead in the rhythm section of the supercross track then hit one section wrong and promplty knocked himself unconcious.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    05 Legacy GT Limited w/ Invida DP and UP, P204 UH, and MKC tune (Sold)

I watched it, even though I was there. I liked it & hope they do it again next year. I'm not sure of why Travis wasn't in a NASCAR event somewhere but it was good to see him in a rally car again.

It was not a rerun, you caught first showing. well done. I do not think he rallied a dart. Maybe like X-games?

He Wrecked out at 100 AW 3 years ago IIRC. So this was his return. He talked about it on the show.

You should work next year!!

BTW the facebook group had a reminder by me this show was coming up.

Subaru, it's all we'll drive!

I should mention that a couple of those start line sequences are from the stages we worked. Wish I could remember all of their names.
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase, but this is like smearing honey onto Keira Knightley." Jeremy Clarkson

"The Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite." - Clarkson

Blog Entries
    We're nobodies, don't worry about it. lol
    -2005 WRB WRX-

Hey, don't throw away our 15 milliseconds of fame! 100AW is always a good time. RallyCross is starting up on NBC as well, so there will be more Subie motorsports than ever on TV this year.
    "That's like weaponizing a wind farm." ~ J. Clarkson
    '06 Baja Atlantic Pearl Blue "The Truck"
    '14 BRZ World Rally Blue "The Toy"

I'll have to watch out for the Rallycross stuff. I'm basically waiting for the best 3 weeks of motorsport this weekend and the next two weeks.
    1. Indy 500 (more tradition than anything these days)
    2. Monaco GP- The only F1 race I actually watch
    3. Le Mans - looks like it will be good this year. Porsche has a model out and Toyota have worked on theirs to try and topple Audi. I hope someone does. I also want to see if that Nissan batmobile does any better this year. I'm afraid it is better in pictures than in a race.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    05 Legacy GT Limited w/ Invida DP and UP, P204 UH, and MKC tune (Sold)