Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scooby24's Foresteration opportunity

Scooby24's Foresteration opportunity

Backstory: Was riding the interwaves looking for an 04-08 Forester XT with a stick. Not easy to find for the right price and right condition. I checked cars.com one last time on a Saturday evening before dinner and saw a newly listed 2004 Forester XT 5MT, Silver, 1 owner, 120k miles in Little Rock that popped up that day and happened to be about 4500 below what every other forester of similar age/mileage/condition was listed at.

Sweet. Called them up, just got it on trade that day, needed inspection. Told them to let me know what turns up. They called back Monday morning indicating it was likely going to be wholesaled. Needed body work and there was a check engine light that concerned them. I told them to wholesale to me. They agreed, I got another 2 grand off.

Booked a flight that night, picked it up the next morning and drove back to Kansas City.

It was a great deal.

Got better. Was able to get the phone number of the past owner. At ~104k miles, the engine needed rebuilt due to turbo failure introducing metal into the oil. Owner opted to drop the car off with Cobb Tuning of Plano for a full rebuild including forged pistons.

!!!!!

let the fun begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Shift knob replaced with '13 WRX

Missing armrest replaced with junkyard takeoff

Broken rear cupholder replaced with junkyard takeoff

Failed clearcoat on exterior c-pillar trim replaced with junkyard takeoff

Stay tuned...
    -Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

Scoobie Regular
    If you don't mind me asking, where is this junkyard forester at?

I'm in need of a motor (EJ251) for my forester really badly. Have looked most local places with little to no clue. Any insight?

Looks like your car is coming along nicely btw! Hit up John and get that bad boy tinted up!

John's on my list! Forester is at Oak Leaf Salvage.
    -Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

Body work started

-Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

Time for a good wash down!
    2008 JDM Legacy STi conversion, 1996 Legacy Outback

Define modified...

Cleaning up 2009 STI Intercooler

-Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

I see what you mean now bout the mounting on the intercooler. I hope it works out for you.
    RICK LITTLE RED RACE CAR
    2003 WRX Sedona Red Pearl---Tuned by Kyle---3'' TBE High Flow---2.5'' Catless UP
    K&N Typhoon SRI---Godspeed Inlet---Grimmspeed Lightened Crank Pulley---Walbro 255
    MikeySpeed Cross Pipe---BFM 3 Port EBCS---Godspeed TMIC
    TEIN S Techs

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSubie View Post
    I see what you mean now bout the mounting on the intercooler. I hope it works out for you.
    it should work, the two brakets on the ends of the vacuum lines line up with the holes. the middle one sits just to the right of the coupler in the center, so it fits
    -Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

Awesome man. Hey it was nice meeting you last night. Wish it wouldn't have been so late we could have B.S. a little. Maybe next time. FYI I got an 04 wrx dash and beam if you go that route
    RICK LITTLE RED RACE CAR
    2003 WRX Sedona Red Pearl---Tuned by Kyle---3'' TBE High Flow---2.5'' Catless UP
    K&N Typhoon SRI---Godspeed Inlet---Grimmspeed Lightened Crank Pulley---Walbro 255
    MikeySpeed Cross Pipe---BFM 3 Port EBCS---Godspeed TMIC
    TEIN S Techs

You have seats?
    -Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT