Thread: Exedy Twin disk is installed!

Scoobie Regular
    Blog Entries

Exedy Twin disk is installed!

It should be on the road tomorrow, ran out of time today.

Eliminated the Clutch delay valve, Added an Exedy S4 Twin with a new Release and Pilot bearings.

Some pics of this installed. /meh sorry so large, most forums autosize...

Daily driver: 2009 SWP STi
    614hp 567tq [email protected] Chad Charlton Tune SRT-4. ~Meanblueberry~

2004 Dodge SRT-4 - Sponsored by Prolubricants.com

I didn't know these cars had a clutch delay valve...interesting. Let us know how it feels. Looks like a stiff sum bitch.
    -Greg
    2004 FXT 5MT

Damn, life is easier with a lift. Looks good, definitely want to hear how it holds.
    Truth conquers slowly.

2002 SRP WRX Wagon RIP
    2005 OBP LGT

Scoobie Regular
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
    I didn't know these cars had a clutch delay valve...interesting. Let us know how it feels. Looks like a stiff sum bitch.
    I think since 02 they have a spring/pressure operated bleeder orifice plate in the Slave - it slows the engagement of the clutch from about 80% engaged to 100% over a delayed period of time. The Exedy instructions PDF gave a light (I mean glossy like a mofo) description of the removal of the delay valve. Nasioc has a huge process to basically take all flow control out of the system, I just did the Slave delay valve, which, after it was all done, was damn easy. I also did the goodrich braided clutch line...forgot that part.

Quote Originally Posted by cubedweller View Post
    Damn, life is easier with a lift. Looks good, definitely want to hear how it holds.
    I'll drop some results soon, I'm going to do the SD swap, and then some ID1000's and a Fuel pump for some summertime DD fun.

I also picked up a group-n Trans mount, and a perrin pitch stop, with a Kartboy Shifter bushing kit (front and rear) and some diff bushing inserts...
    Last edited by NachO_SRT; 03-06-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added shit i forgot.

Scoobie Newbie
    Looking good man!

It'll be a little stiff, but its worlds better than the Tilton and others out there plus you can drive it in traffic.
    2004 STi Java Black
    Full-race twin scroll with Borg warner 9180
    Cosworth long block

Scoobie Regular
    Blog Entries
    Drove it a bit lastnight to get the feel for it.

First - My poor stocker - for about the last 5 or 6 months, it's had issues holding up in 5th and 6th under "heavy" throttle....

This TD grabs and won't let go - it's like I got a new tune or something. The peddle pressure is about 15% more than stock - lightly noticeable, but not like a XT from ACT, even lighter than the HD from ACT by a little.

Noise - it's pretty quiet at idle, but blip it and you get the tin can full of rocks sound everyone loves...

All in all, sort of a PITA to install, works fantastic, not hard to drive in traffic, just different.

I like it, and plan to DD it. I will post up another review in a few months.