Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If I sell my car, what should I ask for it?

If I sell my car, what should I ask for it?

Yep you read that right. With the new (human) baby here I am seriously considering selling my previous (automotive) baby. I just have no idea what to ask for it.

Specs can be found in my member's rides post (link to post in my signature). Basic story is I bought it new, was stock until the warranty was over, then stage 2 for a while, then added the Blouch and front mount, then did the engine build.

The car has 94k on it, and the engine has under 2k on it. I am still in love with the thing, but am thinking I need something a little bigger and more practical.

If I tried to add KBB value to what I just put into the engine, the price would be over $30k. I realize that is not a very realistic asking price. So my question is, what would be? $25k? I don't think I could let it go for under $20k.

Sounds like the bidding starts at $21,000 then. Or you could trade someone for a Legacy, straight up.
    Just saying...
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    05 Legacy GT Limited w/ Invida DP and UP, P204 UH, and MKC tune (Sold)

The bad thing about holy freaking mother of god builds like this is you'll always loose money in the deal. Imo yes 30k is too high but 25k is getting pretty close I was thinking not under 22k again just my opinion.

With that said Justin your build is amazing! I seriously think you will regret selling it. When I almost had to sell mine I was sick to my stomach the whole time. Luckily I fell in a position where I didn't have to sell it.

Good luck with what ever you choose to do.
    David - My 2004 STi (Sold)

Yep, that is the issue with this hobby (addiction). I can't leave a car stock, but it's usually only enthusiasts that are interested in a non-stock car when it comes time to sell.

I'm not up against a wall to sell it but I figured with my daughter here (and having just paid another year of PP tax on it), it was time to start kicking around the idea.

I would totally be open to trades. The right Legacy would definitely be an option (Ben, want an STi??). I have thought about 2010+ SHOs too. I would also like to hear opinions on other candidates in the mid $20k price range.

We need someone on here to get a Golf R...
    2012 WRX Hatch SWP

Quote Originally Posted by alexfromop View Post
    We need someone on here to get a Golf R...
    Wat? 404 "bigger" not found.

I have a buddy with a nice GLI, though. Just not a fan of FWD and the German mark up on, well, everything.

A full size car seat fits fine in a wrx if that is your concern, when they are still newborns the carriers and base fits as well. I have my daughter rear facing in the middle without any issues. I had the same thoughts when my wife was pregnant as to whether I should sell the wrx and find something bigger, she is 15 months old now and she's getting taller so its slightly more tricky to get her into the seat but still do able. The exhaust note just puts her to sleep (catless tbe)

Also, something to think about is the new 2015 wrx has more leg room in the back, around 2 inches if I read correctly.
    Last edited by rjnolen; 01-17-2014 at 11:46 AM.

I'm able to get my 6yr old and 19month old in mine without issues. There's not much to work with space wise when they're in but it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin 05 Sti View Post
    Wat? 404 "bigger" not found.

I have a buddy with a nice GLI, though. Just not a fan of FWD and the German mark up on, well, everything.
    Only half serious. Just hoping someone else wants to be a guinea pig and tell me how the new one is...
    2012 WRX Hatch SWP

I might have to do some test fitting with the car seat this weekend. It is kinda tight with Sara's Legacy so I just figured there would be no way. With my big ass I HAVE to have the driver's seat slid all the way back.

If there's room maybe I just need to consider a quieter exhaust. Hmm...

(see, I really don't want to get rid of it!)