Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If I sell my car, what should I ask for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin 05 Sti View Post
    Yep, that is the issue with this hobby (addiction). I can't leave a car stock, but it's usually only enthusiasts that are interested in a non-stock car when it comes time to sell.

I'm not up against a wall to sell it but I figured with my daughter here (and having just paid another year of PP tax on it), it was time to start kicking around the idea.

I would totally be open to trades. The right Legacy would definitely be an option (Ben, want an STi??). I have thought about 2010+ SHOs too. I would also like to hear opinions on other candidates in the mid $20k price range.
    Hey now... I do have a soft spot for your car and have always desired the more raw Impreza STi...

But let's be real here, time to get you a new "beater" and keep the carchild for the weekends! 2 plus' here: no more racking up mileage and you don't have to worry about getting her messy with the kiddo
    2008 JDM Legacy STi conversion, 1996 Legacy Outback

Define modified...

Thanks for all the input guys. Here is the rub:

My wife has a car (2011 Legacy) and I have a car (2005 STi) and a truck (2003 Super Duty). I like having a fun car and a big truck I can stuff a ton of people and stuff into, tow anything with, etc.

The thing is the truck is a little too big for daily driving. Or I guess I should say daily parking. Some places I am forced to park in a neighboring lot or across the street. When I have to go to our datacenter downtown for work, it really sucks.

The issue with the STi was mentioned above. Two adults plus a car seat just doesn't work. We can do it in the Legacy (and obviously with the overkill truck) but it would be nice to have that option with my car, too.

Maybe I need to think about the other side of the equation - down size my truck a little bit. I could get something with 4 doors and a bed that comes in a smaller and more manageable package. I would just have to give up some towing capacity.

I guess that is what this all boils down to. I need to make a change of some kind, but every option seems like a compromise / step down in some way. Grr...

Only option then is keep all current vehicles and buy a fourth. All problem solved and has worked for me nicely

Quote Originally Posted by matt25sti View Post
    Only option then is keep all current vehicles and buy a fourth. All problem solved and has worked for me nicely
    ... and buy land and build a shop so I have a place to keep it all in!

lol

I am managing 4 cars and a motorcycle at my house.

I agree. Buy another or "upgrade" the Tonka truck
    2008 JDM Legacy STi conversion, 1996 Legacy Outback

Define modified...

I have a 7 month old in a rear facing seat in the wagon. It's behind the passenger seat. And as mentioned the seat can't go all the way back. It's on that side bc I have a son who sits behind the driver side seat. (He doesn't use any seats)

Traveling anywhere with the 3 of us is easy. But a no go (on comfort) if you need to include an extra full size adult (wife )

When we travel as a family we use her car. If it's just me and the Kids we can easily use mine.

I vote for new daily and keep the car or downsize the truck.
    Alan
    2008 Legacy GT Spec.B

Quote Originally Posted by DevXTech View Post
    I vote for new daily and keep the car or downsize the truck.
    +1

I agree
    David - My 2004 STi

"I guess if your car has a STi, it will turn you lug nuts green" - R U Faster Than A Redneck

I concur, just downsize the truck. How about a Subaru Baja?
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    05 Legacy GT Limited w/ Invida DP and UP, P204 UH, and MKC tune (Sold)