Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UGH. a subie rant

UGH. a subie rant

So...

coming back from colorado this spring so i could be closer to my family and (was hoping) to land a even better job....

I was then unemployed for 6 months, i witch time i was not able to upkeep my poor Blu.

Now 4 months later after that i have my own place here in kc but still no money to put into My poor car and its really starting to show. I have had issues with the motor ( car came vf39'ed when i bought it) mis-firing under boost ( running lean) to even simple stuff like it needing a grill after that lady pulled out in front of me.

Last week my mechanic now says i need to put some shocks/springs on it as they are so worn that its making my tires wear odd. Oh, and thats something else that needs done....

Meanwhile i have rent to pay.... and working fast food for 700 a month is NOT helping. Selling the car is not really a option to me. I love the car and love the Subaru community but im not sure how much longer i can go before something makes me re-think that. This car has started to become a love hate relationship and even though my current commute is only like a mile, it seems like im putting 50 on each way. Winter is coming on soon and UGH at that. they are saying its going to be a good one and im pretty sure Blu wont make it all winter with me working this crap for a job. Cant drive more as car may be UN-reliable.

I love this site, and all of you guys here. Each and every one of you has been nice to me and i will always be here if you all need anything. But its just gotten to the point where i just go well "Damn" What can i even do? I need my Blu to be reliable, and it has been so far... but i cant see that lasting much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by stinole View Post
    Razor is talented. Very, VERY talented.

Find a better job or sell the car and find something more reliable which can help you get to your job reliably in the future. Once you have earned enough, buy a new car and make sure you can afford the maintenance on it.

Land a better job or get a second job working nights. Life's hard, just got to deal with it and push forward.
    2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    1.6 Liter DOHC B16A Motor
    5 Speed Manual Transmission

Start riding a bike again?

Many of us have been there at one time or the other, man. For me a second job was the best decision. The best second job was at a grocery store at night. Not a ton of money, but decent work, steady hours and the people were fun. Mowing yards and waiting tables were my least favorite second jobs.

screw that, apartments are overrated, live in the car and dump all your extra money into that
    -Geoff
    '02 WRB WRX Wagon
    '04 Silver MINI

700 a month and living on your own? Yikes.

I realize that it hurts, but you need to seriously consider selling the car and getting something that is more reliable and cheaper to maintain, like a EK or EG Civic.

As Tim said, you might consider picking up a 2nd job.

You've come a long way since I joined KCSubaru. You'll get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin 05 Sti View Post
    Start riding a bike again?
    Id like to, but money is so tight i lost my bike to the pawn shop and now have nothing. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    screw that, apartments are overrated, live in the car and dump all your extra money into that
    The other half would not be so happy about this

Quote Originally Posted by stinole View Post
    Razor is talented. Very, VERY talented.

See if you can move back in with your parents, sell the wrx and but a beater. Then find a better job.

$700/mo in fast food is not 40hrs/wk, a second job should be easy to fit in.