Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood

Paul and I are signed up and ready. Hopefully the drive down isn't as fun/terrible as last year. I think it took me 9 hours. God I'm stoked.
    2012 WRX Hatch SWP

Quote Originally Posted by musicman66 View Post
    I know Clint is wanting to go again this year.
    Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfromop View Post
    Paul and I are signed up and ready. Hopefully the drive down isn't as fun/terrible as last year. I think it took me 9 hours. God I'm stoked.
    Same here... hoping I don't have to drive down through a blizzard. That was not fun.

Chris

Member of 100AW 2012,2013,&2014 Start Crew

2000 Outback wagon
    1997 GF4 OBS frankenwagon- Sold
    2001 XL883C HD Sportster

Where is everyone staying? I'm about to book a room for my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Where is everyone staying? I'm about to book a room for my group.
    I'm not sure if there are any rooms left in Salem, but there are a lot of motels in Rolla & it's only 30 minutes away. I know that the rally organizers are encouraging people to stay in the counties that support the rally. This is one place I (almost) stayed at last year - until Hydrolix offered to split a room in Salem.

Wagon Wheel Motel
    Old U.S. 66 Eastbound
    901 East Washington St.
    Cuba, MO
    573-885-3411

Cuba is about 8 miles north of Steelville, and that would work well if you're assigned to stages in the Steelville/Potosi/Cherryville area.
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase, but this is like smearing honey onto Keira Knightley." Jeremy Clarkson

"The Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite." - Clarkson

Scoobie Regular Sinisterbred_GM6's Avatar
    i'll be staying at the quality inn with my friends from ksautoforums.com @ rolla mo

Herschel ended up having other plans. I guess my participation is tentative on if I can get a pretty cheap hotel room.

Chris

Member of 100AW 2012,2013,&2014 Start Crew

2000 Outback wagon
    1997 GF4 OBS frankenwagon- Sold
    2001 XL883C HD Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by Jagular1785 View Post
    Herschel ended up having other plans. I guess my participation is tentative on if I can get a pretty cheap hotel room.
    It's OK Chris, I'm sure there will be at least 10 guys heading down who are HAM certified. . Guys, sounds like we need to find Chris a cheap hotel room.
    2012 WRX Hatch SWP

Blog Entries
    Chris, I'm looking at the Baymont inn in Rolla. I might end up getting two rooms. I'll more than likely have extra room.

You HAVE to come down! You gotta make it three years in a row! lol
    -2005 WRB WRX-

Came on here to try and find some parts (06-07 silicone y-pipe for a WRX or FXT anyone? Anyone?) and thought I'd pop into this thread.

Just wanted to say thanks in advance for you guys coming all the way from KC to help volunteer. This will be my 3rd 100AW driving (4th competing, and 7th year in a row attending). Might have remembered me from last year as the POS old legacy with duct tape rainbow colors. I sold that car and now I am in an Open Class 1991 Legacy wrapped in a bright orange/black/white/blue wrap. Be sure to say hello! I'll be pushing the car to the limits out on the stages.

I was fond of the duct-tape color scheme and, if I remember correctly, your old Leggy finished quite a bit better than that bright yellow Legacy that was entered last year. (or was it the year before?)
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase, but this is like smearing honey onto Keira Knightley." Jeremy Clarkson

"The Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite." - Clarkson