Thread: Parts for 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Parts for 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

*UPDATE* 4/10/2013 I figured out that the plastic piece on the corner light is fixed to the headlight. Basically I can glue the corner to the headlight and it will work. I was able to pull the dent out of the quarter panel, so I don't need a new one. I also found a real good place to get body work done. They did mine very cheap and with very good quality. I am still looking for performance parts

I am looking for the plastic piece that the right corner light mounts on. Mine has broken where the screw goes in. I would also like to buy a clear corner light. I got a little dent in the right front quarter panel. I am getting it looked at this week to see if it can be pulled out or not. So if anyone has a right front quarter panel I might need it. I am always on the search for performance parts. I am pretty much looking for anything that would improve my car. I searched a few salvage lots, but had no luck finding any of my model or L models from 93-01. Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.
    Last edited by Drpage420; 04-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Scoobie Regular Sinisterbred_GM6's Avatar
    ill have to check again but i think i may have a passenger fender. hope its not too badly damaged. as i havent seen it in a long time.

Ok, thank you. I figured out the corner light issue. I ordered a set of retrofit projection headlights with the bi-xenon setup. Turns out it was my headlight the corner lights mount into. I went to Modified by KC and they helped me out by having their body guy meet me and give me an estimate. Honestly I was very surprised at the price. I have to figure out somewhere else to get a quote. That way I know for sure that it will cost that amount to pull a dent out of the fender and respray the fender and the front bumper cover. If you have any suggestions for a paint shop I would appreciate it. Thank you for all your insight. You have helped me a lot with gaining knowledge on my car. I would go so far as saying I owe you a case of beer.
    - Steven
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Blue Ridge Pearl
    2008 Honda Civic Si, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Scoobie Regular Sinisterbred_GM6's Avatar
    i dont have a suggestion as far as paint shop since i dont live up there. cant really help you there. no thx needed. im just another gc enthusiast and seems we have alot of the same taste for our cars. the gc is easily over looked as not as popular as the bugeye wrx was. since it wasnt turbo. but that is why i chose this platform was it it a rare quality to see a nice one done up and faster than the newer wrx/stis. all my friends had 02+ i always liked the gc due to the rally heritage and wanting to be different.

Scoobie Newbie
    I have either a brand new OEM psgr fender or a slighly used black one. Not sure what I am going to do just yet, but either way I will have something for you in the near future and I know a guy who will paint it for the right price if you are willing to go to LS (or I can do it for you if you advance the funds to paint it).

Oh yeah, durr, forgot to add I have some additional stuffs you might be interested in too - I have a Greddy Stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel (balanced) - you just need to order a new friction disc. Fantastic clutch, but wont fit my new setup.

...lemme see... oh, and I have Cusco front brace, Vishnu lightweight crank pully, ...and probably something else random - my garage is a mess right now - it has at least three RS's in it Im sure.
    Last edited by zarlute; 04-09-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Zarlute; I was able to repair the fender I have and get it along with the front bumper repainted (Sorry for not updating this post). I like the idea of a lightweight crank pully and lightweight flywheel. I honestly don't know how much of a hassle it is to put these parts on my car. Let me know what kind of pricing you are looking for, so I can figure out where to put it in my car budget, lol. Thank you for your response.
    - Steven
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Blue Ridge Pearl
    2008 Honda Civic Si, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Scoobie Newbie
    Hrmmm... well if you want both lets just say $150? ...feel free to hit me with a counter-offer. I just pulled that number by figuring what I paid for it, how much it cost me to balance it (fancy way of saying I shaved it) and dropped that cost by half.