Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BRP 2000 Subaru 2.5RS 2 door Project

BRP 2000 Subaru 2.5RS 2 door Project

I added some Clear Corner, Clear Bumper, & Clear Side Marker Lights. If anyone has any parts or knows where I can find affordable parts, please let me know. I get jealous seeing all the other parts listed that don't fit on my model.
    IMG_0936.jpgIMG_0937.jpg
    Last edited by Drpage420; 03-27-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Scoobie Regular Sinisterbred_GM6's Avatar
    jealousy of other body styles should not be of an issue. it only makes the hunt for parts that much more fun and challenging. that is why i chose my gc. but you'd be suprised at some of the gd items that will fit gc. btw what is it you are after?

Your right about the hunt being a challenge. I am needing to replace my suspension and would really like to upgrade my brake system. I don't have enough knowledge on other models to know what parts will fit mine.
    - Steven
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Blue Ridge Pearl
    2008 Honda Civic Si, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Scoobie Regular Sinisterbred_GM6's Avatar
    join rs25 then. its more centered around the gc platform

I just did. Thank you for the info.
    - Steven
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Blue Ridge Pearl
    2008 Honda Civic Si, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Drpage420 View Post
    Your right about the hunt being a challenge. I am needing to replace my suspension and would really like to upgrade my brake system. I don't have enough knowledge on other models to know what parts will fit mine.
    GD (02-07) suspension fits GC, you just need GD top hats. I'm running Tokico D-Specs on mine which are made for the GD chassis.

A set of compatible 4/2 pot brakes can run anywhere from $600-1200 depending on what's included. Brakes from older JDM STI's and 06-07 WRX's work. The matching 2 pots for the rear, I believe, need a special mount to be compatible, but the fronts are a direct bolt on. STI Brembos require A LOT more work (and money). High performance brakes are really more about maintaining heat and preventing brake fade. Running high performance fluid and pads on the 2 pots will do the job fine for most autocross events.

Well no really cool updates other than replacing the engine and I changed out the side markers, corner lights and bumper lights. They are all clear now and look great. I have decided to change my wheels. I would really like anyone's input on what I should go with. I have narrowed down my choices. My favorite wheels were Motegi MR7 (Gun Metal). They looked awesome, but I have not had any luck finding any in good condition. My three choices are Subaru BRZ factory wheels. 17x7.5
    3n93I43H15F65Hf5Jfd1hfb15f774111213df.jpg
    Motegi MR237 FF7 (Gun Metal) 17x7
    mMR2376.jpg
    Drag DR-51 (Gun Metal) 17x7
    t_20120307.drad51.glm_.xl__67608_zoom.jpg
    They will all be 17s which also raises another question of what size tire I should go with. I have the factory suspension on the car and plan on putting a Tein Coilover suspension within the next year. I don't know how to roll my fenders but would have no problem paying someone from on here to help me, so I could get a bigger size tire. Thank you all for any insight you can give me on this future purchase. I plan on doing it tomorrow. Of course if anyone has something nice sitting in their garage or on their car for sale let me know.

I got my new wheels and tires today. I went with Drag DR-33s. Special thanks to Ryan at Modified by KC for all his help today.
    DSC03572.jpg

Like a boss! It's all your fault I'm a Subaru addict! I'll keep an eye out for parts

My wife and I hung a few parts on the Subaru this morning. We installed a factory Carbon Fiber shift knob and Parking Brake handle.IMG_1196.jpg
    We also installed a STi Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace (front). IMG_1197.jpg
    I also picked up a Tein Flex Coilover Suspension. I am waiting on the Electronic Damping Force Control kit to come in. I am seriously thinking about getting the EDFC Active Electronic Suspension Controller Kit with GPS. Has anybody tried this system yet? Does anybody have part numbers for the bolts that attach the Struts to the car. I also don't know if I should replace any bushings while adding the coilovers?
    Last edited by Drpage420; 03-27-2013 at 09:53 PM.