Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Chat Thread

Its a hi point thing. I've shot a few including those and they all seem to have that issue
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

Scoobie Expert
    i want to go to that course in vegas sooo bad.....ok and drink a little afterwards
    "I wish my grass was Emo, then it would cut itself!"

Scoobie Regular
    If you want to go I can hook you up. Friend of mine is a first family member and he can take up to 40 people twice yearly for FREEEEEEE. $2k class

- - - Updated - - -

Ill add that i received a nice PM from cubedweller, Thanks
    Member of the 2009 100 Acre Wood Official Finish Control Crew
    Member of the 2010 100 Acre Wood Official Start Control Crew

Scoobie Regular
    come on guys... reaaaaaaaaaaaally don't wanna be reading this crap. make a new thread and take it else where or just drop it. if people can't get along in here i will ask a mod to just trash this thread. i don't feel like creating tension between users, bickering back and forth, or anything else... everyone has their own views on things and let's just leave it that way. this isn't a bitching thread so let's keep it that way lol. (unless it's about gun problems ahhahahah)

side note... emailed a distributor today to put me in line for a couple Tavor rifles... supposedly going to hit first quarter of next year. oooooo can't wait. (flat top model) is cheaper than my aug was new for new. even the optic model isn't badly priced all things considered.
    2007 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Satin White Pearl

I split the thread so this one doesn't get jumbled with wall-o-text. You all can quote your replies to the other thread.

Springfield XD9 sub-compact. This is my EDC

Now with more Tacticrayola

Remmington 597 .22 autoloader

Mossberg 500 that i am about to get from a friend very cheap. Going to change up the stock and foreend.

This was gifted to my brother from our dad but is currently in my possession. Was our grandpas gun that never got used. Mint condition and worth alot.
    Colt Diamondback .38 special

Last edited by VF34RX; 12-17-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    #1 Top poster 19k and still posting
    The Official KCSubaru Ninja

I have a question on the suppressors. Is Kansas more lax on them than MO? Or do you fall into a special category being a "Class III Dealer"?

Reason I ask is I have a buddy that got a suppressor for one of his rifles and it sounded like a huge PITA. He told me he had to get a trust set up but I didn't understand why.

That's federal law re: suppressors.

Scoobie Regular
    anyone in kansas (along with quite a few other states) can legally own suppressors, short barrel rifles and pre ban full autos. i owned three suppressors before getting even my base firearms license. you've just gotta fill out some papers, cut the nfa a check and wait for them to do paperwork. time frame really just depends on a roll of the dice. three months is normally the time frame for the nfa although the longest stretch was about seven months i've seen.

you don't have to do a trust either... i have no trust on mine. you can go the leo sign off route which is what i did... there are pro's and con's to each method though.

leo sign off... pro, cheaper by a wide margin, faster, no dealing with lawyers (unless you make your own).
    con, no hand me down to other people after you are dead, only you can be in possession of it.

trust... pro, multiple people can be listed on the trust giving them the ability to possess it without you there (ie family), you can do a hand me down clause that way if something were to happen to you a family member or someone else can have it without having to repay the tax stamp and start the process over.
    con, cost... unless doing it yourself. (local lawyer told me he "starts" at 500 and works up depending on how many people and all the other addins the folks want), wait time on a lawyer or anything else.

there are some key differences in the process too. leo sign off you do id photos, finger print cards, and then the leo sign off of course. trust you do none of those things. the other thing trust's actually bypass the back ground check that the nfa does as well as your leo who is signing the paper. mostly just because the nfa doesn't want to run check after check after check for all the people in the clause.

it's not a huge pain in the ass... it's just time consuming. if you're a patient individual then it's really not that difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VF34RX View Post
    I split the thread so this one doesn't get jumbled with wall-o-text. You all can quote your replies to the other thread.

Springfield XD9 sub-compact. This is my EDC

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/JohnFC3S/100_3656.jpg[IMG]

Now with more Tacticrayola

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/JohnFC3S/IMG_20120521_214918.jpg[IMG]

Remmington 597 .22 autoloader

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/JohnFC3S/2011-12-14_12-49-57_334.jpg[IMG]

Mossberg 500 that i am about to get from a friend very cheap. Going to change up the stock and foreend.

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/JohnFC3S/2012110895133548.jpg[IMG]

This was gifted to my brother from our dad but is currently in my possession. Was our grandpas gun that never got used. Mint condition and worth alot.
    Colt Diamondback .38 special

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/JohnFC3S/IMG_0048.jpg[IMG]
    loooooooovin the wheel gun. also thanks for splitting up the thread, muuuuuuuuuuuuuch appreciated.
    2007 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Satin White Pearl

Benelli Super Nova 12 gauge, Marlin 30-30 lever action, Remington 30-30 lever action, Ruger P95 9mm (recently sold), unknown .410 bolt action, unknown 22lr rifle, remington Model 1100 semi 20 guage, remington pump 12, Springfield M1A/M14 SOCOM II (recently sold)

will get some pics up asap
    "IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!!!"

2002 Subaru MBP WRX Wagon- SOLD
    1998 Honda BB6 Prelude- SOLD
    1996 Honda EK Civic JDM swap- SOLD
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX- SOLD
    2003 Acura RSX-S A SPEC (JDM Badged)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1784 View Post
    loooooooovin the wheel gun. also thanks for splitting up the thread, muuuuuuuuuuuuuch appreciated.
    No problem. Yeah its awesome having family heirlooms like that. Best shooting revolver i've ever shot for sure. (we obviously limit the amount of use. Only 100 rounds fired from us) Im waiting on my dad to give me an old lever action 22. Its one he used when he was a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if anyone ever wants to get rid of a lever gun for cheap, please contact me.
    #1 Top poster 19k and still posting
    The Official KCSubaru Ninja