Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Chat Thread

I think I'd be happy with $500 on the PPK. It's a .380 obviously, black, less than 100 rds. through it. It's the standard PPK not the S so it's slightly longer.

I like the LCP. It's very very small but comfy and easy to hide.
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

Scoobie Regular
    alright i'll shoot a buddy a text, he was wanting something smaller than his glock 19 carry... however he's a tight ass so i dunno what he'll say. i know he's wanted the ppk for a while since he asked me about that thing before asking about the glock. too i didn't figure it was the .32 but figured i'd ask anyways hahahah.

i've heard the lcp is pretty damn accurate as well right? i would consider it but my hand does not care for it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubedweller View Post
    Seth -- I, too, am a firearms enthusiast but genuinely question the capacity of your judgment due to the insensitive timing on this.
    like i said... i had some free time so i posted. want to be upset with me due to the day i had time so be it...
    2007 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Satin White Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by cubedweller View Post
    Seth -- I, too, am a firearms enthusiast but genuinely question the capacity of your judgment due to the insensitive timing on this.
    I normally back up everything you post, but I can't agree on this one. I'm not trying to attack you or anyone else that said similar things but I feel like this needs to be said.

Really, all times are bad to post this thread. What happened yesterday is completely irrelevant to this thread. Yes, it was a very terrible tragedy, and my heart goes out to the families that are hurting. You can't blame guns for what happened. The gun didn't make the kid do it, he was crazy and made the choice himself. If guns weren't available he would have found another way to carry it out. As a gun owner I'm sure you can at least agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1784 View Post
    alright i'll shoot a buddy a text, he was wanting something smaller than his glock 19 carry... however he's a tight ass so i dunno what he'll say. i know he's wanted the ppk for a while since he asked me about that thing before asking about the glock. too i didn't figure it was the .32 but figured i'd ask anyways hahahah.

i've heard the lcp is pretty damn accurate as well right? i would consider it but my hand does not care for it lol.
    It is very accurate for how small it is. I'm ditching the PPK because it doesn't agree with my hand and the tail makes me bleed everytime I shoot it. The squareness of the LCP makes it surprisingly comfy for how small it is. It is an odd grip but it's pretty much a conceal only gun so the one time you need it you won't be worried about how it feels. :P
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

Scoobie Expert
    Yes i really hope this thread doesnt offend anyone with the recent tragedy. It is very sad what happened but as stated many times, it wasnt the weapon that opened the door and walked into the classroom.

Now to stay on topic. My itch is nothing that you gave me Seth but it is something that you could cure in the future. lol
    "I wish my grass was Emo, then it would cut itself!"

Quote Originally Posted by fullerswrx View Post
    My itch is nothing that you gave me Seth
    Lmao
    David - My 2004 STi

"I guess if your car has a STi, it will turn you lug nuts green" - R U Faster Than A Redneck

My itch is nothing that you gave me Seth

This made the entire thread worth reading!!!!
    -Aaron- So called "Ninja Lawyer"

2013 WRB BRZ
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R Rally Car

http://kcmotorsport.com/ It's up!!!

I'm a shooting wimp! I only go plinking once a year any more with my little carbine.
    hi-point 9MM

Looks like this but with laser & minus the strap

..Even smart kids stick their fingers in the electrical sockets sometimes..

Scoobie Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ03WRX View Post
    It is very accurate for how small it is. I'm ditching the PPK because it doesn't agree with my hand and the tail makes me bleed everytime I shoot it. The squareness of the LCP makes it surprisingly comfy for how small it is. It is an odd grip but it's pretty much a conceal only gun so the one time you need it you won't be worried about how it feels. :P
    ah see i've never shot a ppk, never would have thought about that. i know my dad's little 22lr beretta i swear wants to eat my hands every time i touch it as well. every time i pick it up i'm thinking ok today's going to be the day this thing tries to eat my hand hahahah.

Yes i really hope this thread doesnt offend anyone with the recent tragedy. It is very sad what happened but as stated many times, it wasnt the weapon that opened the door and walked into the classroom.

Now to stay on topic. My itch is nothing that you gave me Seth but it is something that you could cure in the future. lol
    lol thanks for making it sound like i gave you a std fuller, much appreciated lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Your right guns aren't the problem. People are the problem. Wait, that still makes me a hater...doesn't it. I really don't think I'm villainizing guns or however the hell you spell it. I'm quite certain I have my own little stash somewhere. I could get rather graphic here in my political views regarding liberal philosophies and how I despise them but I'll refrain. There were a bunch of little kids murdered yesterday for no reason. Obviously the means with which they were killed has no bearing on the outcome other than it fuels the fires for more gun control. IMO, this post just draws attention where attention isn't needed if that makes sense. I don't care if you have a fucking machine gun in your closet, that's awesome. Keep it to yourself and enjoy your anonymity.

To try and end on a happy note, I love your Leggy Seth!
    to the happy note, thanks...

on the other side... i talk to a lot of gun people on the rsx forum that i "grew up" on. all we talk about is what we own, things we like to do (handgun compete, long range shooting, blah blah blah) that's all i wanted to do here. i know there's a good group of people on this site, i mean hell i've been to two of the meets that you guys showed up at... (the clubrsx/kcsubaru ones... one or two of which i set up lol) and i mean everyone's nice so figured what the hell share talking with something i'm enjoying in life. i don't hunt, or compete yet... but i get a kick outta punching holes in paper and hitting my metal target out around 300 yards. that's all i wanted here... talk about likes or dislikes... i've only been into guns for about three years so i feel i've got a lot to learn yet and what better way to do it than talk to people i get along with about their own personal experiences??? that's all this comes down to... i'm not going to bash the kid who did what he did, not going to be all oh yes guns are the answer!, oh no guns are bad, or anything else in here.. i really really hate talking politics or anything even remotely near them so i don't wanna do that even on here lol! would much rather hit my head on my desk repeatedly than that ahhahahahah!

if this thread really does bug people so much though i'll tell a mod to close it and i wont utter another word about anything firearm related on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hag View Post
    I'm a shooting wimp! I only go plinking once a year any more with my little carbine.
    hi-point 9MM

Looks like this but with laser & minus the strap
    [IMG]http://p2.la-img.com/368/32060/12798714_1_x.jpg[IMG]
    ooooooooooooooo i read those were surprisingly accurate and were pretty damn good... a friend of mine that's a cop in oklahoma almost told me to order one back in the spring. he ended up going a different route... but he did tell me that thing has nothing but positive reviews. kinda odd for a hipoint right? lol!
    Last edited by Seth1784; 12-15-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: get rid of image tags

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1784 View Post
    ooooooooooooooo i read those were surprisingly accurate and were pretty damn good... a friend of mine that's a cop in oklahoma almost told me to order one back in the spring. he ended up going a different route... but he did tell me that thing has nothing but positive reviews. kinda odd for a hipoint right? lol!
    It is fun and really quite accurate! It does have some quirkiness to it though. It is super picky about what magazines you use, and has a really stiff trigger. My shoulders don't appreciate longer rifles so it is perfect for me.

..Even smart kids stick their fingers in the electrical sockets sometimes..

Scoobie Regular
    lol quirkiness... i like that lol gives the thing some character. i wonder why the trigger is so stiff, or if you could some how fix that...