Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Scoobies for Boobies Fundraising

2012 Scoobies for Boobies Fundraising

Deadline for fundraising is October 31st, 2012. So we have a two week period.

Goal: $500+ Anything extra over $500 is worth it. Last year we raised $370, which was $70 more than our goal!

I will be putting up the new fundraising group tonight so check back for that later.

All t-shirt and merchandise purchases are considered donations directly to the Scoobies 4 Boobies Team effort and are not a part of our group sponsorship effort to have our logo printed on the shirts and distributed nationally.

To donate toward our group goal of $500, please visit http://www.stayclassy.org/kcsubaru2012

Merchandise available separate from our group fundraising goal can be found for purchase at http://scoobiesforboobies.org/wp/fundraisers/

------------------------------------------------
    This is a preliminary thread to get the conversation started.

They released more information on their website last Wednesday on this years fundraiser and I am starting to go through it to find out what has changed. First off they have new sponsorship levels. In years past if you reached the $300 mark you were given a spot on the t-shirts for the group logo. This year they have increased that level to $500 aka Silver level for a third tier t-shirt spot.

I am not sure if I dropped the ball on getting this years fundraising kicked off or if they were late getting info out but I apologize and will take the blame. I could explain my delays but I won't as that isn't productive to the cause. So I have a question to ask you all. Do we think we can reach $500 of donations for the silver level to get our logo once again on the t-shirts for the fourth year in a row? Or should we forgo the logo level this year and settle for the website advertising?

Here are the levels we have to aim for:

Link to the merchandise that can be bought this year: http://scoobiesforboobies.org/wp/fundraisers/

So what are your thoughts? I will get out team page set back up if we got enough interest for this year.
    Last edited by DevXTech; 10-18-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Donation link added.
    Alan
    2008 Legacy GT Spec.B

Awesome, I was just asking another member about this the other day.

I'm a little confused, do we only get to pick one thing per tier, or if we raised $500 we would get the website and the tshirt ads?

I honestly think we can do the $500, we have enough members to make that happen fairly easily.
    Caleb
    Tornado Red 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI
    Passion Red 2005 Volvo S60 R - SOLD
    Black 2005 SRT-4 ACR- 404hp/400tq MKC Tuned - SOLD
    SS 2002 Honda S2000 - Sold
    PSM 2003 WRX- 245hp/242tq @MKC Dyno Day - Sold
    My wife is part bloodhound and can smell a fart from a house away

Blog Entries
    I don't see why we couldn't hit the $2500 mark.

Scoobie Newbie
    I'd be interested in donating. What time frames are we looking at?

I say we go for the $500, I would like another tshirt with our logo on it.

I'm in it as always and would hope that we would have enough people to pull it off!

To answer the question, we would get the secondary website advertising and tertiary logo on clothes if we hit the $500 mark, not either or.

If each person donated $20, it would take 25 donations to hit our $500 goal. I guarantee every one of us has a family member or knows someone who has been affected by cancer and this is one way we can come together as an enthusiast community to benefit not just ourselves, but others in much more dire needs!

I don't think we have an established timeline yet either but it would be safe to say at least until the end of the month.

I bet I can easily get over $100 dollars...I will pledge that right now actually!!! let the donations begin. now only $400 left. pm me details of how to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
    I don't think we have an established timeline yet either but it would be safe to say at least until the end of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by soro View Post
    I'd be interested in donating. What time frames are we looking at?
    Zero1 is correct. The deadline appears to be October 31st, 2012. I know that is only a two week period to raise funds but we have done it in the past with a limited time period and were successful. First post updated with time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ03WRX View Post
    Awesome, I was just asking another member about this the other day.

I'm a little confused, do we only get to pick one thing per tier, or if we raised $500 we would get the website and the tshirt ads?

I honestly think we can do the $500, we have enough members to make that happen fairly easily.
    Zero1's answer was spot on. The higher we get in the group sponsorship levels the more our group gets back out of the effort. So if we were to get the Silver level we get both the website advertising spot and the logo on the t-shirt.

I feel the $500 mark is achievable with out group. My mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor and all I can say is this is a cause that is close to my heart and my families. If people can start thinking about how much they are willing to donate, all donations for the group logo are separate form the t-shirt purchases, then we can get an idea of where we stand.
    Alan
    2008 Legacy GT Spec.B

Count me in for $50