PDA

View Full Version : Is there an OS tune equivalent to AP's various stage 2 maps?

Brick.
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I am planning on going stage 2 in the near term with the addition of a catted downpipe. I am obviously not aiming for max numbers, but I do want a basic tune that will not shorten the lifespan of my car (2005 Saab 92X). Are there open source tunes that are as safe to run as an equivalent AP tune? I would not be wanting to adjust the tune over time, rather I'd like to "set it and forget it" to quote my favorite infomercial. Is this an unrealistic desire from an opensource tune?

Justin 05 Sti
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM
I've never played with a Saab but I assume it's using a WRX ECU.

To answer your question, yes the staged OS and AP tunes are comparable, and plenty of people run nothing more than off the shelf tunes.

Brick.
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Yes, the Saab is exactly like the WRX of the same year.

I was on romraiders forum site and it seems like there weren't a lot of tunes available. Am I missing something on the site or is there a library of tunes elsewhere?

Hydrolix
03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes, the Saab is exactly like the WRX of the same year.

I was on romraiders forum site and it seems like there weren't a lot of tunes available. Am I missing something on the site or is there a library of tunes elsewhere?

There are/were some forum members that have romraider "OTS" tunes that have done some flashing and tweaking. I'd be careful about what tune you grab, though. Make sure someone reputable made it and it isn't just a map created by some guy off the street who doesn't know what he's doing.

Brick.
03-14-2012, 12:35 PM
What is the consensus on the XPT tunes, both the free ones and the ones that cost between $50 and $70?

Justin 05 Sti
03-15-2012, 06:30 AM
What is the consensus on the XPT tunes, both the free ones and the ones that cost between $50 and $70?

ev8siv3 has been putting out quality tunes for a long time.

With any internet tune you'll have to put time into logging it.

KCWagon
03-15-2012, 06:57 AM
I have a stage 2 map sent to me by Jeff with launch control, it was for my 05 WRX. I have to send my netbook in for warranty repairs but i'd be happy to send it to someone with a capable lap top to flash you.

Justin 05 Sti
03-15-2012, 08:02 AM
If there aren't Saab specific tunes out there I would download the stock ROM and then copy / paste the tables from a stage 2 WRX tune into it.

Brick.
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I have a stage 2 map sent to me by Jeff with launch control, it was for my 05 WRX. I have to send my netbook in for warranty repairs but i'd be happy to send it to someone with a capable lap top to flash you.

Who is Jeff?

No matter which tune I go with, I'll be looking to borrow a cable. Anyone interested in a free dinner? hah

If there aren't Saab specific tunes out there I would download the stock ROM and then copy / paste the tables from a stage 2 WRX tune into it.

And from what I understand, the ECUs contain the exact same tune.

92tsiawdguy
03-18-2012, 08:06 PM
ive got a cable you can borrow whenever we meet up for the downpipe

Brick.
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
ive got a cable you can borrow whenever we meet up for the downpipe

http://who-is-awesome.com/who-is-awesome.jpg