PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for a Subaru

DWCook
09-02-2009, 10:42 PM
So I cant stand it anymore, this weekend Im going to the Subaru dealerships here in Idaho to figure out if I want a LGT Spec B or a standard WRX. My plan is to not HorsePower increase it more of have fun at autocross and daily driver. Need some advice from the group here. I figured a WRX would be a good one for Autocross/daily driver without spending a crap ton of dough, but I could go used or new just gotta figure it out here.

P.S. Me has to have one now!

myveryown07
09-02-2009, 10:49 PM
i don't know what the difference is in transmission but i don't know if the new wrx has weak trans as well. look into that then make your choice

DWCook
09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah Im gonna look more into the Tranmission wise. I would love to get a STI but considering the insurance on that bitch would be like....(Lets make me Broke). So figured a WRX would be a good start to have daily drive and auto cross...AUTO cross is HUGE here! Also since Utah isn't far off the mud events go on there alot!

myveryown07
09-02-2009, 10:52 PM
if there will be mud or dirt included i would look into a wrx just take it easy with shift..?

DWCook
09-02-2009, 10:54 PM
yeah I know...I can predict a clutch replacement in the future when I get one. I know for a fact Im hard on clutches specially with horsing around. I rack my 2000 Si Civic to 7500 to 8k ALOT. Sometimes past 8k. I know its not smart but I just get too into peaking motors!

DWCook
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Would like to have a few words from some of the Dealer guys here on the board as for what I should look specifically at. I figure WRX be a good starter Subaru ( No Im not stick shift noob!) Anyways I figure if Im wanting fun/a bit of daily driver wise WRX standard be the best pic.

myveryown07
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
i hit the limiter on my car everyday every things fine so far....

DWCook
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
just want to make sure I dont get too abusive on the car! lol. :D :D My habits with autocross with my civic is I ping that bitch half the time Im racing it.

Just4fuN
09-03-2009, 03:12 AM
For the uses you described, I think a WRX is your best bet. You'll obviously get a better deal on a used one than a new one. I would avoid the '08s, though the ones that haven't been sold yet are going for dirt cheap. They have a soft suspension relative to other WRXs and competition, which you may find troublesome when autocrossing.

Of course, if you decide to save the money on a new '08, you could always upgrade the suspension. :twisted:

legacychick
09-03-2009, 08:08 AM
The Legacy would probably be cheaper insurance, and it's not a big car. It looks tiny next to my Fusion! Call your insurance and get some quotes to compare.

Just buy some sway bars and stiffer springs, you'll be good to go. :mrgreen:

BoostAddict
09-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I've heard great things about the 09 wrx. But then again, for dd you can't go wrong w/ a Legacy...

DWCook
09-03-2009, 09:28 AM
yeah i figure a Legacy be another good choice. But of course I would obviously try and hit the Spec B...transmission purpose of course :D But we will see depending on deals and what comes up. I dont mind spending a few months getting the numbers down and getting the best deal so time isnt really an issue.

Zero1
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Whatever you do.... buy an 08/09 spec B!! DO NOT buy a 2010 LGT as they are ftl -.-

DevXTech
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Whatever you do.... buy an 08/09 spec B!! DO NOT buy a 2010 LGT as they are ftl -.-
+1
2010 looked good on paper but in person it was a complete fail. 08/09 is by far my favority year of the legacy and with a Spec.B you'd be golden.

DWCook
09-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Yeah went and test drove a 09 Spec B today...it was the Metallic Gray color whatever the name is....freakin awsome! Giver take a week there gonna give me options on fiancing the car and see what I can get. I figure Im gonna keep the Civic as I would get cheaper insurance with Multicar :D

DWCook
09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
So by next week I will know If Im taking the Spec B thats at the local dealership in Boise, Idaho. Freakin car sales people are total dumbasses here! Sakes I wish I could banish them! Diamond Grey Metallic is the color of the one up here Im interested in picking up.