PDA

View Full Version : Enkei Closeout on Tirerack!

kcwrxfan
01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
KIller Deal!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=3798808045BS&wheelMake=Enkei+Racing&wheelModel=RPF1&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+4-Door&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=Premium&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=Enkei+Racing&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

dukenukem
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
badass deal! I don't see the same price for the STI bolt pattern so no soup for me. :(

kcwrxfan
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Ha I went to checkout to buy and only would allow me to pick 1 wheel!!!!!!! WTF well just saved some money LOL

Scooby24
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I would call Rudy @ tire rack and ask him what the deal is on the limited quantity and if you could purchase 4 at that price.

Blue Meanie
01-17-2012, 06:21 PM
This is what their notes say...

NOTE: Some products also marked as “closeout” in search results are available only until our current inventory is depleted.

BoostAddict
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
That's a crackhead deal there!

Boorah
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Dammit.

kcwrxfan
01-18-2012, 09:31 AM
This is what their notes say...

Yes very very sad! always seen them in chrome on black wrx til I saw this and now I want!

tyranosaurs-WRX
01-18-2012, 09:51 AM
tire rack does this sometimes when they don't have a complete set in stock (i.e. fewer than 4) in this case thier inventory says fewer than 2 in stock that's why it would only let you buy one lol. but yes the RPF-1 is the only wheel (imo) that looks good on any car. I have yet to see them on a car and not like it. I personally have wanted a set of RPF-1s for years, but when the new price and the used price are damn near the same its hard to come across as set without dropping a grand or more, wich consequetly I don't have to spend on wheels lol.

kcwrxfan
01-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Yea Sean I'm in the same Boat. My biggest issue isn;t really the price to be honest, I can save up. My issue my work. Since the Company is a construction company, I end up going to alot of site etc with gravel and shitty roads. If I end up going with 18's I would sit a bit lower and I scrape the front lip alot already and obviously broke the lip last week.

My other issue is right now my company pays for my tires, which is bad ass but only covers "stock" size. One reason I was thinking of just grabbing 17's but wider and use my factory summer tires, and then my stocks for winter. not sure yet though. But fater seeing more pics Enkei by far looks so much esxier than Rota's :)

tyranosaurs-WRX
01-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Yea Sean I'm in the same Boat. My biggest issue isn;t really the price to be honest, I can save up. My issue my work. Since the Company is a construction company, I end up going to alot of site etc with gravel and shitty roads. If I end up going with 18's I would sit a bit lower and I scrape the front lip alot already and obviously broke the lip last week.

My other issue is right now my company pays for my tires, which is bad ass but only covers "stock" size. One reason I was thinking of just grabbing 17's but wider and use my factory summer tires, and then my stocks for winter. not sure yet though. But fater seeing more pics Enkei by far looks so much esxier than Rota's :)

Like I said I've wanted RPF-1s FOREVER! I will have a set of gold 17x8.5/9 on my sti at some point. and yes, there's nothing wrong with rotas, i've had a set. but enkies are just perfect, good price, light as shit, and very durable for how light and (relativly) cheap they are.

stinole
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
I had RPF1's on my S2000.

http://suxorz.com/i4/dragon.jpg

VdoManZ
01-18-2012, 03:53 PM
nice deal! i would have snagged these at the price vs my enkei pf01

I have had 3 sets of Enkei's on my civic (zr1's and rpf1's) and wrx (pf01).. I have had 0 issues. I tracked my civic quite a bit the last 2 years I had it. Light wheels are a HUGE upgrade in performance/handling/braking all around.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SDg2h40F5Is/TnvykUm4ydI/AAAAAAAAIV0/nQjTDD0NFh0/s1152/TokinaTest%2B091.JPG

kcwrxfan
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
the PF's you have look awesome though Jereme, what size are they?

tyranosaurs-WRX
01-18-2012, 04:00 PM

this is the point we diverge, I agree the pfs are nice, but the rota torques look EXACTLY the same and are similar (less than a pound different) weight and the best I can tell the same durability for 2/3rds the price new.

VdoManZ
01-18-2012, 04:01 PM

Thanks! I love them! easy to clean too

17 x 8 + 45

kcwrxfan
01-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Nice hard to tell from the pic, they look good for sure.

Scooby24
01-18-2012, 04:46 PM
MT1's are even lighter than PF01s and RPF1's in equivalent sizing.

You can get them and our cars can be twinkies.

VdoManZ
01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
MT1's are even lighter than PF01s and RPF1's in equivalent sizing.

You can get them and our cars can be twinkies.

I saw your pics... look great! I don't think they are available in 5x100 on tirerack.... the only thing that comes back is RMotorsport C2 with the 2011 wrx filter on.

Scooby24
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I saw your pics... look great! I don't think they are available in 5x100 on tirerack.... the only thing that comes back is RMotorsport C2 with the 2011 wrx filter on.

They are available...not sure why they don't show up. Give Rudy a call at tirerack. He does all the iwsti stuff and is super awesome to work with. His e-mail is just RUDY at Tirerack.com

kcwrxfan
01-18-2012, 05:12 PM
this is the point we diverge, I agree the pfs are nice, but the rota torques look EXACTLY the same and are similar (less than a pound different) weight and the best I can tell the same durability for 2/3rds the price new.

The thing is Rota's are over done IMHO, by far the most popular brand for Subi's. something different is always nice.

kcwrxfan
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
They are available...not sure why they don't show up. Give Rudy a call at tirerack. He does all the iwsti stuff and is super awesome to work with. His e-mail is just RUDY at Tirerack.com

One thing I hate about tire rack the search on rims is horrible, when you plug in the car, the options are limited. if you search by rim you dont get fulll specs of what sizes etc. How do you know Rudy? do we have to state anything for him to know who we are?

Scooby24
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
One thing I hate about tire rack the search on rims is horrible, when you plug in the car, the options are limited. if you search by rim you dont get fulll specs of what sizes etc. How do you know Rudy? do we have to state anything for him to know who we are?

I worked with him on my wheels because he sponsors IWSTI.com which I'm on. Just e-mail him and tell him what you have and what you're looking for and he'll take care of you from there.