PDA

View Full Version : Design Features on site

Hydrolix
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Finally, I am close to getting the website up and running. It is currently on a test server. Art is being adjusted and product is getting uploaded.

My question to you guys is along the lines of what makes you buy from an online retailer. Are you shopping solely on price or do features of the site attract you at all?

Things such as ease of finding parts that match your car, the ability to track your purchase history, recommendations on parts that makes sense for you so you don't have to sift through all the BS on NASIOC, etc.?

discuss.

KSwrxWAGON
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I usually find new internet parts suppliers based on pricing using Google Shopping or whatever it's called. From there, I look at the total price (shipping included) and consider the reputation of the site. If the site looks bad or is poor organized, I probably won't buy.

Sites that can boil down parts for specific cars are awesome. I don't need to track my purchase history, although it wouldn't be a bad feature. Unless the site has huge traffic flow (Amazon), recommendations from customers are usually pretty lacking in information and I usually assume the shop made the recommendation by themselves.

Good luck getting it completed! It's been a long project for you.

LeggyGT-Rs
08-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Customer service wins all. I dont care what a website looks like one bit. And since navigation is different on every site, that is a wash also. Now that you have a website, I'll get my stuff from you, period. You handle my tickets pretty well, so I would just as soon have you get my parts.

Just gotta find that cash :)

kcwrxfan
08-09-2011, 04:03 PM
I buy my parts based off Rep and CS over look and prices. I'll spend a few extra bucks with someone who is cool and people really like and have good experiences with. If the prices is better than even better. But i have ordered all my parts form small shops and payed less so far and super good communictaion too.

stinole
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Reputation, price, customer service, and getting me a tracking number.

AWD Bishop
08-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Being a graphics guys, curbside appeal does have some influence but nothing beats price and customer service. For me, price is first very closely followed by rep \ customer service which pretty much go hand in hand.

timsti
08-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Ease of finding things that fit my car helps. For instance, I like knsbrakes.com because you put in the vehicle information and then the list of brake parts that fit your vehicle is provided. I also like that site because when I call Ken he is knowledgeable about the products he sells. I think the same of turninconcepts.com and their owners. Those are sites from which I have purchased a lot of product. Sending the tracking number is also very helpful as mentioned above.

scooby_rex
08-09-2011, 06:10 PM
An easy way to ask questions or get contact info is good, too. In addition, if you can get a response within a few hours of asking a question that's also great, I like to feel like someone is actually trying to help me rather than my request going into oblivion. I do think that intuitive design helps keep me coming back. If you have to go through a million steps to find a part and then go back another million steps to look at another similar one, then I give up and google it and find a different site. Both of those fall into the customer service category if you ask me though, so CS still wins it all.

WRXNFX
08-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I like this type of shopping on a site, Subaru / 04 STi / Suspension / endlinks and bushings, then scan from there,,,

I do not like finding a part then hunting fitment..

I will pay 10% for quick shipping and great customer service.. I will not name names in your house, but the good guys (including you by phone) I hit first.. one poorly displayed or mis-represented part and you loose all the money you saved, and your project time. ;)

Sidster
08-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Pretty much agree with everyone above. Price and Customer Service are my top 2. Being able to do a search based off of your make/model/year is also very important. Some people are noobs like me and I'll most likely need help or want confirmation it'll fit :P

Hydrolix
08-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Wow, guys! thanks for all the great responses. That helps a great deal. What would you all think about a site that has an account kind of like Amazon and in it you can save your car info. so the next time you come back you can go straight back to parts for your specific car?

Sidster
08-10-2011, 05:43 PM
That option would be pretty cool. I'd make it so there is an option to save multiple cars too.

rookrex
08-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Mostly what everyone else said. Customer service is by far my #1, the way I look at it is that there are thousands of places I can buy something so why deal with people that could care less about my business?

I've had great experiences with you, shipping has been quick and prices are right in line if not a little lower than what I can find. 8)

VF34RX
08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
As far as the website itself, car specific searching owns all. I absolutely hate and will leave a site if i go looking for shocks on my 02 wrx and have to sift through 4 pages of shocks for other cars. I've had other sites guide me as if im looking just for the 02 wrx stuff and then its filled with 02-11 wrx and STi stuff. It just gets annoying.

kcwrxfan
08-25-2011, 10:41 AM
As far as the website itself, car specific searching owns all. I absolutely hate and will leave a site if i go looking for shocks on my 02 wrx and have to sift through 4 pages of shocks for other cars. I've had other sites guide me as if im looking just for the 02 wrx stuff and then its filled with 02-11 wrx and STi stuff. It just gets annoying.

+1 I totally agree on that, how's the site comming along? I would like having a local guy to order things through :) right now I get everything from NJ best prices I found from a 1man operation.

CZ03WRX
08-25-2011, 10:45 AM
The first thing that will drive me away from a site is clutter. I like it clean and simple with everything. I don't even have icons on my desktop to give you and idea lol. A good CS rep will also make everything that much better. Easy to find prices, detailed product info, buyer ratings and comments. That's about all I need.