PDA

View Full Version : decent deal on a 03 wagon if you can wrench (not mine)

turbo sol
06-15-2011, 02:44 PM
http://lawrence.craigslist.org/cto/2435120619.html

not mine but thought maybe some of you guys might be interested. wish I had 6k for an extra toy.

from post:

Just to give you a little insight on the history of the vehicle I'll start by telling you that I purchased this 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon with 95,000 miles on it in 2007 from the second owner which was a retired airforce veteran in Bolivar, Missouri. I have put a little less than 30 thousand miles of in in the 4 years that I have owned it. I have invested **$35,000** into it, and I have no intention of ever getting that back. Money well spent, but my fun having days are over. Here is the kicker...I recently did A LOT of motor work and now that I have no money left, my luck led me to spinning the two rod bearings in the back of the motor, and I imagine you will need a new short block to make this thing work like it never happened (block, crank, rods, and pistons). However, you may only need $60 rod bearings. I don't have the cash to find out (35k invested=broke) I will sell it for the lean amount which is roughly $6,000. Enjoy the modifications list and pictures. It could be yours. Please contact Ben @ 417-343-8002 if you have any questions

**Here is a list of modifications in it's current state.**
********** NOTE ** Most of these modifications have been done within the last 1,500 miles**So much money invested**********

*Forged Manly Rods
*Forged Wisco Pistons
*It is bored out 2 thousandths
*ARP Head Studs
*Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
*Low temp. thermostat
*Turbo XS RFL Blow Off Valve
*AEM Cold Air Intake
*3" up-pipe (Grimspeed) With Tial External Wastegate
*3" down-pipe (Agency Power Non-Catted)
*565cc Fuel Injectors
*Walsboro 255 fuel pump
*Forced Performance 18G Turbo
*Tien Suspension all around (2" drop in rear)
*17" MSR Matte Black Wheels with Chrome Pinstripe
*Kumo Tires (not too much life left)
*Halman Boost Controler (Manuel)
*Cobb Access Port (E-tune done by Akuma Motor Sports and I haven't had it running long enough to get a second tune, but all you have to do is data log a few entrys, email it to [email protected] and he will email you the updated tune) It was a $250 advanced E-tune package that is still waiting to be worked out. Runs fine, but the check engine light reads that the system is too lean on bank 1 because I took my O2 Sensor off when I switched to the non catted exhaust.
*Cosmetic 3 layer head gaskets
*Clutch City stage 2 clutch
*Brand new OEM heads
*Brand new OEM transmission
*Brand new timing belt
*Brand new alternator
*It has custom paint work done on the interior and the exterior (thats what I do for a living) but it's not over the top, just the dash vents and the head unit surroundings are paint to match. As well as paint to match calipers (Brembo look alikes up front). I also made a custom DC shoes emblem on the front, and blacked out the lettering on the hatch. Its all black and yellow.
*A brand new still in the box Auto Meter Boost Gauge (reads up to 30+ psi when you feel like having fun)

I have never ran it on a dyno, but it should be pushing about 400 whp.
I also never ran it at the strip, but with Cobb Access Port you can set a "Perfect Launch" that should sit you somewhere in the 11 second range.
Notable imperfections: The clear coat is pealing off of the spoiler (just started a couple of months ago). It has a dent on the hatch that can be fixed 100% with paintless dent repair. Normal wear and tear on the outside (a hand full of dings, and a couple of scratches; nothing bigger than an inch or two)
Additional parts: Transmission that can be rebuilt (123,xxx miles) up pipe (stock), cat (stock w/ O2 sensor), short block (blown), heads (micro cracks, do not leak), etc.

It is 1 of 400 made for the U.S. Market in Sonic Yellow.

I only have a few pictures of the car now, however if you or someone you know is interested let me know and I will aquire more detailed photos.

Asking $6,000.00

AWD Bishop
06-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Does sound like a pretty decent project car. I love the sonic yellow and I am a wagon guy. Wish I had the $6k to pick it up.

Blue Meanie
06-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure why he'd want Manuel to control his boost tho...

tyranosaurs-WRX
06-16-2011, 07:56 AM
I would also assume he means COMETIC (as in the brand) head gasket, not Cosmetic (as in looking good).

VF34RX
06-16-2011, 08:26 AM
That would be a nice parts car or fixer. I wish i had the money to buy it, use what i could, then part out the rest.

csperformance
06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm thinking about buying it just to part out. I just need to figure out if I can make a decent enough profit to justify the work and money spent.

NoAffiliationSTi
06-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Wow I just don't understand how guys think they can put all this into a motor and not address the oiling issues....I maybe taking a long time on mine, but its going to be done right.