View Full Version : ChallengeAir Fly Day

DanC
03-25-2011, 07:30 PM
When: Sept 10, 2011

Where: The downtown airport

What is it? Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3_a3hnYaE

Hydrolix
03-26-2011, 11:05 AM
That's pretty cool, but how would non-pilots help?

Would we do a race car demonstration? :D

DanC
03-26-2011, 09:46 PM
They need people to do all sorts of stuff - help with setting up, help with the arts & crafts stuff (keeps the kids busy while they wait for their flight), etc.

The big thing is they need people to help the kids get in & out of the airplanes. These are the 'load crews' and they also help the pilot by getting him/her water bottles, telling the ground crew when he/she needs fuel, etc. A couple of years ago I was a load team supervisor & had a 10 year old girl on my team. She was doing it as a community service project for school, and while she couldn't help lift kids into the aircraft she did a terrific job as the family finder/water bottle fetcher/general errand runner.

Last year I spent all day helping to set up, then printing the certificates we give to the kids after their flights, and then helping clean up.

DanC
08-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Okay, time to bump this as a reminder. :)

Aaron, if you brought your rally car to the airport I think we may be able to find a spot on the ramp for it but I'd have to ask the event coordinator.

If you can't make it to volunteer they (like most NPOs) can always use donations. Haven't looked lately but I think you can designate your donation to go towards the KC Fly Day event.

DanC
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Dear Friends of Challenge Air,

Challenge Air for Kids & Friends is gearing up for its annual Kansas City, Missouri "Fly Day" to be held this Saturday, September 10th at Signature Flight Support at the Charles B. Wheeler Airport.

Over 110 children with special needs from the Kansas City area are registered to participate in this year's event. Sixteen volunteer pilots will take to the sky and allow each child to actually take control of the yoke. Parents have told us time and again that the Challenge Air program is unlike no other.....children leave the event
motivated and inspired, with a greater sense of self worth, self-esteem and confidence.

Challenge Air is still in need of $1,500 in donations to sustain the program in Kansas City. Will you considering helping? No amount is too small. $10, $25, $50 will help to purchase lunch for the children and $1,000 will sponsor the commemorative t-shirts that are given, free of charge, to the children to remember their special day.

Challenge Air has a long standing history in the Kansas City area. Click here to view photos from the 2010 Kansas City, MO "Fly Day." Because of partners and supporters like Hodes Company, Grundfos, Barbera & Watkins LLC and Signature Flight Support, Challenge Air is able to continue to bring this unique program to your community.

Won't you partner with us? Whether you donate or come out and volunteer....volunteers are still needed...register online now.....Challenge Air appreciates your support!

In Appreciation,
April Culver, CEO
Challenge Air for Kids & Friends

Click here to make a contribution towards the Kansas City, MO 2011 "Fly Day."

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=vn7gzvcab&et=1107505280500&s=3822&e=0012yTV1lu11F1u2PAqSqi2AQAzSb8mpqAuTVqkS_C2EtihD mqEowc846iH8IpQy5SmvluzzHtwyM5W3u-_cE_LMMIlAlW9KfgdffLVsau3CasAgYPdwIcsySNKfCggal92J o-W7TJo7VrFgXW15eE7G1y7NAPYu2oprcaocG9qJ-lf2BapVp6Eo_yUrD40ooN6E2bY2yOly60=

Register online: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=vn7gzvcab&et=1107505280500&s=3822&e=0012yTV1lu11F3AYO7V4PVAaWXY2tXRFScbg5nx2kbsPog4m bEyB7-CLVmHVOaSXhysSvapONDU-6Jx-X4PeCxvauQHah2SarE3208WnhVfdkVYa_rDfMORBCHmiKAdgL3 kjbJZy7fbiBDgioSxQFNMKJdoLRhKZLiPdwauDVq4PK4gJLSlY cqnNCHtJsaZFEZPJ4nJipFtD_8sVEHgpknp1og5ytIgjGaE
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
7363 Cedar Springs Drive Dallas, Texas 75235 www.challengeair.org

DanC
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
In case anybody is wondering, yes I have donated. :)

DWCook
09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
hmmm I might participate in this event to help out, just cant predict the schedule till the day before! :(