PDA

View Full Version : suspension install meet?

dukenukem
02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey guys and gals!

I think its time I put together my coilovers and get them installed. Installing them should be pretty straight forward and I can manage that if someone lends me a garage and the tools. I however, need someone's help to set up the preload and height on the coilovers properly till I can get them corner balanced and aligned.

Anyone feeling generous with their weekend? If you can help me with the assembly part then we can do it some weekday evening as well.

Let me know. Spring is here (for this week anyways) and its time to get wrenching. :D

rookrex
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll talk with wifey but I should be able to volunteer my house if you'd like. I have to keep working on the garage anyways and i need an excuse to be outside. I could also help out tonight too if you're looking for a valentine date. :lol:

stinole
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Anytime after the 25th is good with me.

dukenukem
02-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll talk with wifey but I should be able to volunteer my house if you'd like. I have to keep working on the garage anyways and i need an excuse to be outside. I could also help out tonight too if you're looking for a valentine date. :lol:
Oh you romantic hunk of a man. :lol:

Thanks for the offer Dan, I will let you know how things pan out. :)

VF34RX
02-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Depending on date and time, i would come help knock out the install. :D

dukenukem
02-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Rocking. I just need to get some anti-seize and put them together.

WRXNFX
02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Rocking. I just need to get some anti-seize and put them together.

Just curious, what parts are you putting antiseize on?

dukenukem
03-05-2011, 09:23 PM
TIC has a document that lists all the places where they recommend where to apply it. I can fwd it to you if you want.

dukenukem
03-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone interested/ willing to host a suspension install meet this coming weekend?

dukenukem
03-16-2011, 09:15 PM
The coilovers are installed!!!! Thanks to JdFnKc for helping me out with the whole deal. Hope you enjoy the 1554 bud. :)

DevXTech
03-16-2011, 09:40 PM
The coilovers are installed!!!! Thanks to JdFnKc for helping me out with the whole deal. Hope you enjoy the 1554 bud. :)
Yay. :cheers: How's the ride?

dukenukem
03-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Yay. :cheers: How's the ride?
I am still dialing in the stiffness settings and ride height but for now its no worse than stock under any circumstances while greatly reducing the pogo stick effect that the stock struts had over short bumps. So far me rikey. :D