PDA

View Full Version : ideas?

tyranosaurs-WRX
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
For anyone who doesn't know, I spun a bearing the day before thanksgiving, so I am finally getting ready for the rebuild now that i have all of my parts. I was just curious if anyone had any free/cheap mods that would be easy to do durring the rebuild. for example I know that removing the injector baffles is a good HP gain. anything else like this anyone knows of?

WRXNFX
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
TGV delete, Turbo Inlet, port and polish.

VF34RX
12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Is this going back together with all OEM parts? If you remove the injector baffles you will want to get them flow tested and also you will need tuned afterward.

NachO_SRT
12-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Did you address the reason it spun?

What did you find when you cracked it? - Lack of oil @ high RPM?

IMHO - Fix the oiling issue in the crank, would be my number one.

NachO

tyranosaurs-WRX
12-16-2010, 10:28 PM

NachO

yes, exactly the problem, and I got ACL dura-glide bearings, and an STi oil pump (little higher flow than stock wrx) so if I manage to spin again im pushing the MFer off a cliff.

Is this going back together with all OEM parts? If you remove the injector baffles you will want to get them flow tested and also you will need tuned afterward.

and no, a mixture of oem and aftermarket, upgrades include, acl bearings, sti oil pump, chrome-oly rings for internals, and a stage 1 exedy clutch with f1 aluminium lightweight flywheel. everything else is oem and has been machined. and I hadn't thought of flow testing them. I might just skip it and wait for bigger injectors when that comes.

TGV delete, Turbo Inlet, port and polish.

I'm drawing a blank on what TVG stand for.

pnasmith
12-17-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm drawing a blank on what TVG stand for.

TGV=tumble generator valve...start here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1663677&highlight=tgv+deletes...and this is good too http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165948&highlight=tgv+deletes.

Pete

NoAffiliationSTi
12-17-2010, 08:22 AM

NachO

+1 on this.... stock motors have this issue, working on resolving anything with that issue on my new motor that can spin 9k+