PDA

View Full Version : End links

stinole
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
The upgraded rear passenger end link on my car has a shot bushing. How much for like a set of Whiteline rear end links? Or any other decent replacements. Whiteline rear sway if that makes a difference. 2005 STi.

Thanks

WRXNFX
10-24-2010, 10:26 PM
I would recommend, KartBoy..

I had solid Whitline rears and they were cool, but that was a WRX. (longer endlinks)

stinole
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Kartboy is what is on the car right now. The lower bushing is the one that's squeaking--Duke has heard it.

WRXNFX
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Kartboy is what is on the car right now. The lower bushing is the one that's squeaking--Duke has heard it.

So the bushing is turning in the endlink?

Stupid question, have you tightened it within an inch of its life? :)

stinole
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Previous owner likely did. Soundguy and I torqued it to spec over the weekend. It's like not fitting in the hole quite right.

That's what she said

WRXNFX
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Previous owner likely did. Soundguy and I torqued it to spec over the weekend. It's like not fitting in the hole quite right.

That's what she said

LOL

What is the torque spec? I literally tighten them about %80 my max strength, probablu 140 ft/lb ish.. Lower than that ans squeaks.. :(

A dude in Omaha was telling me of a plan to weld the hole in the sway shut and then redrilling it the same exact size as the endlink's bolt. 8)

stinole
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
You'd have to ask SG. I'll tighten it up and see if that fixes it. I remember it being on there pretty tight though.

soundguy
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
TQ specs from FHI service manual's were 30 NM from swaybar to endlink, and 45nm from endlink to lower control arm, thats what i tightened them too,

WRXNFX
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
TQ specs from FHI service manual's were 30 NM from swaybar to endlink, and 45nm from endlink to lower control arm, thats what i tightened them too,

That is for stock endlinks on a stock bar right? 8)

stinole
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
The tq specs will be RFT whenever I get time/

WRXNFX
10-25-2010, 11:13 AM
The tq specs will be RFT whenever I get time/

+1.

I thought I had a bad strut once, and loose motor mount anothere... Tighten the end link for that corner, fixed. :D

I think the thicker bar, casuing more stiffness, therefore more force transfered, and thinner bushings, and harder endlinks means those bolts are in a higher torsion situation.

Even tight the bolt can move around in the hole, causing a clunk, then you get under the car and all looks fine.

My Kartboy's came with what looked like a grade 8 bolt, so I treated them like one.

Still have on come loose on a track day.. LOL

Oh and once it starts to slip it is amost guarenteed to strip paint or walk the nut and get louder and louder.

soundguy
10-25-2010, 11:55 AM
hmmm did not think about it this way ,the squeek did get quiter, under correct TQ Specs

Hydrolix
10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
kartboys make some noise, that is not a defective piece, it is a normal side effect of a much harder than stock bushing. Try torquing them harder like Jeff says and see if that eliminates it. If you do that and still want something different let me know.

WRXNFX
10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
kartboys make some noise, that is not a defective piece, it is a normal side effect of a much harder than stock bushing. Try torquing them harder like Jeff says and see if that eliminates it. If you do that and still want something different let me know.

My KartBoys make no noise. :D

stinole
10-25-2010, 09:28 PM
When I picked the car up, it didn't make any noise at all. Started a few weeks ago.

WRXNFX
10-25-2010, 09:30 PM
When I picked the car up, it didn't make any noise at all. Started a few weeks ago.

Yeah try tightening them, you could check if the bushings and mounts are tight.

Hydrolix
10-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Also, make sure your bar didn't flip over. I suppose they could be old and worn out or something. Can you inspect the bushing while you tighten them down?

Zero1
10-26-2010, 12:15 PM
IIRC my Perrin front and rear endlinks were supposed to be torqued to ~45 ft/lbs. so I'm surprised that the Kartboy's would only be 45 N/m :shock:

WRXNFX
10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
IIRC my Perrin front and rear endlinks were supposed to be torqued to ~45 ft/lbs. so I'm surprised that the Kartboy's would only be 45 N/m :shock:

+1

That was the stock spec FHI.