PDA

View Full Version : right blinker fast and dim

Dangasaur
10-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Today I noticed that my right blinker is fast and the front and rear blinking is dim. When not blinking everything is equal strength and looks normal. Usually if it's a ground problem it also affects the parking lights so I'm not sure what to think.

Where are the ground locations on the front and rear of the GR for the headlights?

The owners manual only shows fuses for the lights and does not show which relay is for the blinkers.

Thanks

Dangasaur
10-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Apparently a common problem with the GR STi. According to nabisco I should be checking the turn signal bulb socket. Any ideas on the cleanest way to get to that bulb?

matt25sti
10-22-2010, 07:09 PM
take it to the dealership

Dangasaur
10-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Costs me almost 20 bucks to take it to the dealership. If it's a simple fix then I'll do it in the driveway.

LeggyGT-Rs
10-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I know it is a new car, but they sit on a boat for a while....

Try new blinker fluid?? I know the stock dot4 is kind of generic, but Motul makes a good high performance, dot5 race spec fluid... Try it out.

Zero1
10-28-2010, 11:11 PM
I know it is a new car, but they sit on a boat for a while....

Try new blinker fluid?? I know the stock dot4 is kind of generic, but Motul makes a good high performance, dot5 race spec fluid... Try it out.

LOLOLOLOL !!! :violent2:

wrx_bro
10-28-2010, 11:15 PM
i had issue with my 08 STi...dont know if its the same as yours..but my turnsignal in headlight was very dim on drivers side compared to passenger, then rear and side mirror ones would blink normal...indicator on dash would blink rapidly. Took to dealer and they replaced bulb for free, and problem went away.

Dangasaur
02-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Will be going to the mothership for the first free oil change. I'll have them replace the bulb when I'm there.

umrjmac
02-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I had the same issue (left turn signal instead of right) and they replaced a bulb while I was in for an oil change. The problem hasn't happened since.

imprezasti305
04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
i had issue with my 08 STi...dont know if its the same as yours..but my turnsignal in headlight was very dim on drivers side compared to passenger, then rear and side mirror ones would blink normal...indicator on dash would blink rapidly. Took to dealer and they replaced bulb for free, and problem went away.

I had the same issue with my 08 sti. front turn signal was dim and blinked fast. dealer replaced bulb for free and that fixed the problem.