PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen rear brakes

LeggyGT-Rs
10-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Anyone in Lees Summit have the tools or knowhow to do the rear brakes on a 99 VW New Beetle?

I have been on the wear bars dor a while and really need to get his done
Thanks in advance, I am off tonight, and it should not take more than an about an hour. Rotors and pads. When I did the fronts I recall I needed some hex drive ratchet things

Kyle:)

LeggyGT-Rs
10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh it would be easier to just call me

816 785 7373

scooby_rex
10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
we're playing mechanic on monday morning if you're over in this neck of the woods (and havent gotten them replaced yet) :)

not sure if I've got all the tools for sure, but we could at least give it a shot

LeggyGT-Rs
10-13-2010, 09:35 PM
At Your place? I was supposed to go shooting in the country but I can skip that. What time you guys starting, I am off Monday so I am game

AWD Bishop
10-13-2010, 09:55 PM
At Your place? I was supposed to go shooting in the country but I can skip that. What time you guys starting, I am off Monday so I am game

We got a whole mess of little projects to do on my RS so probably headed over there shortly after 8. Come on over, the more the merrier.

LeggyGT-Rs
10-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow great deal. I have only a couple Subaru parts left. They are yours now ;)

AWD Bishop
10-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow great deal. I have only a couple Subaru parts left. They are yours now ;)

I like the sound of that....

LeggyGT-Rs
10-15-2010, 11:57 PM
I crashed the beetle so I dont need brakes done on monday. whether or not it is totaled will determine that, later.

dukenukem
10-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I crashed the beetle so I dont need brakes done on monday. whether or not it is totaled will determine that, later.
hope no one was hurt.

LeggyGT-Rs
10-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Nah, I got rear ended. Damned looky-lous were watching ANOTHER accident on the right shoulder and and did not want to stop in time. Totalled all to hell the guy that hit me; but, my VW has some rear floor pan damage. It was drivable but moved the suspension, and his insurance is paying so I had it towed to the body shop. Might be totalled

Zero1
10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Nah, I got rear ended. Damned looky-lous were watching ANOTHER accident on the right shoulder and and did not want to stop in time. Totalled all to hell the guy that hit me; but, my VW has some rear floor pan damage. It was drivable but moved the suspension, and his insurance is paying so I had it towed to the body shop. Might be totalled

:shock: I thought you had a Civic not a Beetle? You are going through cars pretty fast nowadays since you sold the bandaid mobile :P

Glad you are ok though and hope that the car is totaled so you can get a new Suby 8)

LeggyGT-Rs
10-16-2010, 09:36 AM

:shock: I thought you had a Civic not a Beetle? You are going through cars pretty fast nowadays since you sold the bandaid mobile :P

Glad you are ok though and hope that the car is totaled so you can get a new Suby 8)

it is the wifes car
It aint worth shit, it is better off fixed. we cannot afford two car payments

Zero1
10-16-2010, 10:07 AM
it is the wifes car
It aint worth shit, it is better off fixed. we cannot afford two car payments

Well I'll hope for the best for you then :)

AWD Bishop
10-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the beetle but glad to hear that no one is hurt. Still welcome to come on by on Monday if you want.