PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Impreza RS - Blown Motor - SOLD!

Twophive
09-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Model: Impreza RS Coupe
Year: 2001
Color: BRP
Mileage: 132,000 (Roughly)

Highlights:

I-Speed SRS10 Reflash (Revs to 6500; improved mileage)
Grounding Kit
Steel Braided Brake Lines
WRX Stock suspension
Strut Tower Bar
Tow Hitch with light wiring (currently off the car).

Selling the car as the motor recently spun a bearing. I don't have the time, money or inclination to rebuild it at this point and would just like it gone. The engine was pulled, and inspected by a local machine shop which found that the crank was toast; the block halves would need to be re-bored to a larger size, but are otherwise in good condition. All the other parts for the engine are available (minus the heads), including an extra set of stock rods and pistons from another RS (they were pulled from a working motor with 60k on it). The car is complete minus a functioning engine. Would be a good swap candidate assuming the body issues are taken care of. Car is paid off and I have the title in hand. Willing to ship at buyers expense.

Car is located in Overland Park, KS 66213

Pictures are available here: http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy13 ... reza%20RS/ (http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy132/phaeton28/2000%20Impreza%20RS/)

Asking 1450.00 OBO

PM me if interested.

Exhaust:

Stock exhaust system with a custom mid-pipe and STI muffler.

Suspension:

Stock WRX suspension. Front passenger side wheel bearing is making noise and most likely needs to be replaced.

Wheels:

Stock RS Wheels with winter tires (good deal of life left on them).

Body:

This car will need some work body-wise. The paint will need to be re-done as the clear coat is peeling, mostly on the drivers side and portions of the hood. Rust is bubbling up on the drivers side rear fender, as well as a small amount on the passenger side (not noticeable from afar). Rust is also present on the drivers side side-skirt area, A-pillar, and a small amount on the underside of the front drivers side fender. The front bumper cover has some paint missing and scuff marks on the bottom, but is otherwise in good shape; just needs to be sanded somewhat and re-painted. The front drivers side headlight is slightly out of alignment with the corner light, due to a fender bender the car was in several years ago (See pics). The sunroof needs some coaxing at times to open; seems like it just needs to be greased up properly. Finally, a portion of the roof has 2 cracks in it. Most likely a portion of it will need to be cut out and replaced. The rear bumper cover has some scratches on the passenger side and had some touch up paint applied. Not noticeable from afar.

Interior:

Normal wear and tear for a car of this age. Door panels and center console have a few scratches. A few of the coin holder snap in trays are missing in the center console (only a few dollars to replace). Cruise control and Fog Light buttons no longer light when activated, but both features still work.Center console and instrument cluster come with the factory STI carbon fiber trim.

ndwolfwood
09-26-2010, 12:08 PM
wish i had some extra cash, i need a good project

stentorian
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
I keep running across this person looking to buy broke subaru's:
http://salina.craigslist.org/cto/1967233420.html

-Joe

Twophive
09-27-2010, 04:58 PM
I'll check it out, thanks.

95imprezaL
09-28-2010, 09:47 PM
if you havent sold this i may be interested i need a few things for the l let me see what i can do about some money.

Hydrolix
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
someone needs to buy this, put a motor in it and enter it in the 100 acre wood race!

DanC
09-29-2010, 01:16 PM
someone needs to buy this, put a motor in it and enter it in the 100 acre wood race!

Yeah, some well-to-do lawyer could sell his Autocross/track car (keeping the go fast bits, naturally) and then have lots of money to fix this one up, right? ;)

Hydrolix
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
the people holding my student loan notes say no. :(

NoAffiliationSTi
09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
definately a good project...make a good sleeper with that clear coat peeling off

95imprezaL
09-29-2010, 11:58 PM
i need to buy it to move some parts over to my L not haing money sucks!

stentorian
09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
hmmm, Taking a look at pics now, as a buddy of mine has an RS block ready to go in.
-Joe

Twophive
09-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Just think... you: Beat up impreza sitting at a stop light.. up comes the 350Z and starts revving. Little does he know the built STI block hidden underneath makes him eat flaking clear coat as you leave like he's standing still. The dream CAN be made a reality!

..seriously though, I'd love to see it restored to it's former glory, I've just got too much going and not enough resources at my disposal currently. We need more RS-T's here in KC.

AWD Bishop
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM
..seriously though, I'd love to see it restored to it's former glory, I've just got too much going and not enough resources at my disposal currently. We need more RS-T's here in KC.

I'm hoping to get a turbo in mine after i've got it where I want it pre-turbo... We will see how long that takes. Hopefully not long. :?

Twophive
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Got a 2000 RS I've turboed not too long ago as a DD. If you have any questions, I'm sure I could throw a few pointers your way. It's still in the process of being refined, but it's been drivable for the last 6+ months now.

stentorian
10-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Got a 2000 RS I've turboed not too long ago as a DD. If you have any questions, I'm sure I could throw a few pointers your way. It's still in the process of being refined, but it's been drivable for the last 6+ months now.

Is yours silver with a primered hood?
-Joe

Twophive
10-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Nope. Mine's a blue sedan; wingless. My pal has a silver RS with a carbon fiber hood. It's in tear down mode at the moment though; He's rebuilding the engine and adding a new turbo.

nativeskills
10-01-2010, 02:41 PM
you selling the whole car or parting out. need some parts for my 93.

Twophive
10-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Whole thing. Don't care to part it out.

Twophive
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Price Drop.

AWD Bishop
10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
That's is tempting to take and swap the tranny in mine as well as an extra set of wheels.

stentorian
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
^ Buy the entire thing, swap parts then sell all parts not using.
-Joe

SubyRS21
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I may buy this.

SubyRS21
10-26-2010, 08:51 PM
hmmm, Taking a look at pics now, as a buddy of mine has an RS block ready to go in.
-Joe

How much does he want for it? Miles?

stentorian
10-27-2010, 06:38 PM
^Take that back, I think he just has a 99OBS motor left over. But I did run across this:
http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/2018617639.html
-Joe

skankasuaresrex
11-02-2010, 03:46 AM
id love to have some parts off of this. =/