PDA

View Full Version : Request DIY write up's here!

12SecSTi
09-28-2006, 02:25 PM
If you are looking for a write up or info on something, put it here!

VF34RX
09-28-2006, 03:31 PM
The bugeye headlight painting/cleaning is a pretty popular. Along with all others and clearing the headlights.

Chris C
09-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Here is one of the links for the Koji mod on the bug eye's. For the most part it applies to also clearing the headlights and you can pretty much get the idea how to do the 04+ ones too. http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=1687

ha that was me...... :?

12SecSTi
09-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Sorry not to clarify, I was hoping to keep this a KCSubaru writeup section, not so much post links from other peoples write up's.

Justin 05 Sti
09-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Sorry not to clarify, I was hoping to keep this a KCSubaru writeup section, not so much post links from other peoples write up's.

Is there a real big difference? If it's good info it doesn't matter to me where it originates from.

12SecSTi
09-29-2006, 11:04 AM

Is there a real big difference? If it's good info it doesn't matter to me where it originates from.

Well, it would be nice to keep this section semi original, with writeups and pics by our members

summerandjoe
10-22-2006, 12:22 PM
i have a greddy profec b ( NOT the spec 2) that i wanted to install and see how it helps with my lack of boost problem. in the instructions, it says to tap into a fpr line, but i can't find pics anywhere as to which one. the best description i have found is "it runs along the top of the brake master cylinder". well, there's 3 lines all about the same diameter in that are. one that has the ufo looking doodad on it, then two other ones. i'm assuming the ufo thingamajonkey is it, but i'm not gonna start hacking into hoses without being 100% sure. if i could find this out, i would be more than happy to take pics and do a write up of the install.

Banzai
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
there are two fuel pressure regulators. the rising rate is on the passenger side, right above the injector rail, and it taps into the manifold with a two inch long piece of hose. the main fuel pressure reg is on the passenger side of the engine as well, next to the turbo inlet hose, on the front of the manifold.

good luck.

kdavidm04
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Want to get a quick write up on removing the factory stereo in 2011 WRX. Different trim then the 2010.

Hippie713
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Not sure if this is a good place, but i need a DIY on replacing valve cover gasket? ive heard its a simple task but i just have very little knowledge of engines so any help would be appreciated

scooby_rex
07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Not sure if this is a good place, but i need a DIY on replacing valve cover gasket? ive heard its a simple task but i just have very little knowledge of engines so any help would be appreciated

if you haven't done so already, check out scoobymods.com and even nasioc.com both have a good chance of already having some step-by-step instructions

kyNg02bugeye
07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
How about step by step instructions on how to remove those damn trunk springs without stressing out your body or getting impaled.

scooby_rex
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
How about step by step instructions on how to remove those damn trunk springs without stressing out your body or getting impaled.

that's easy, only a complete fool couldn't do it :P

(or you could use a nice long screw driver or pry bar)

kyNg02bugeye
07-08-2011, 12:54 AM
lol I seen Ramon get wounded swapping out the trunk springs one day and they've scared me ever since