PDA

View Full Version : what supporting mods do I need for a FPgreen?

xXSTi-lynXx
09-10-2010, 05:00 AM
I just bought a FP green Hta and a 44mm tial EWG setup, and Im losing sleep , my mind wont get off it.
I really want to know if I need a FMIC or not- I would rather just upgrade to a better TMIC and not have to mess with it much plus Im trying to be as frugal as possible cause Im a poor college kid - any thoughts ?"
O yeah , Im a newbie to serious bolt-ons- what exactly does rotated setup mean ? - is it just changing the location of the turbo to enable fitment of a larger aftermarket one? - Im am told I dont need to go rotated for the FPG,
I know Im going to need bigger injectors , I plan on running on E 85 - so what cc will I need? 850? 1000?
currently my engine mods are as follows : invidia divorced catless DP, AP v2 , greddy evo2 exhaust, dual catch cans, Spt intake, walbro fuel pump.- - thinking about changing out the invidia for a 4 in turbo Xs catless bellmouth DP upon turbo install :bounce:

yaya
09-10-2010, 07:16 AM
FP Green is a stock location turbo, meaning it is a drop in replacement for an OEM turbo. A rotated turbo is one where the turbo is too large to work in the stock location, so the uppipe and downpipe are modified to raise the turbo and turn it towards the outside of the car so it can physically fit.

Do you need a FMIC? No. You can run a top mount with an FP Green setup. I would at least run it with a STI TMIC or one larger.

I'm not sure on the injector sizing, but whomever you are going to have tune the car should be able to help you get correct size.

Since you've got an 05 STI, you have sidefeed TGVs and injectors. They make 850cc sidefeeds, but I don't think they make 1000cc sidefeeds yet. So, if you need the 1000cc, then you'd have to switch to WRX topfeed TGVs and Fuel Rails. Something to think about...

Your current mods are fine. And, if you want to switch to a TurboXs downpipe, I believe their setups are of proprietary length. Meaning your catback wouldn't fit without modification. No real reason to switch downpipes, save your money there. I would look into 1 step colder plugs as you will bumping up power quite a bit.

VF34RX
09-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Switch the dp and run the ID1000cc injectors and rails from MKC. The set is 600ish which is a very good deal for injectors and rails. Do not go under 1000cc for E85.

bigboy
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
ID 1000c injectors FTW

dukenukem
09-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Besides the injectors I would do everything I can to keep heat away from the TMIC .. so get a good turbo blanket and/or DEI heat wraps to keep heat soak in check.

VF34RX
09-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Besides the injectors I would do everything I can to keep heat away from the TMIC .. so get a good turbo blanket and/or DEI heat wraps to keep heat soak in check.

This. Or you could get it ceramic coated and still wrap it. THat would really keep heat way.

xXSTi-lynXx
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM
I knew I needed to switch out the DP as the divorced is made for IWG- would I be safe sending my stock injectors off to be modded? anyone else have a FP green ? if so post your setup!

dukenukem
09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
It would be better to do some research in the proven power section on Nasioc.

Zero1
09-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I believe TXS DP's only work with TXS MP's so I wouldn't worry about the DP unless you're going to do the whole exhaust.

E85 is going to be a must for 1000cc injectors so you'll need the fuel rails to go with.

While you're doing the fuel rail/injectors, DEFINITELY get TGV delete blocks!!
Grimmspeed, AVO and RHollywood on LegacyGT.com can get them for you.

Since you want to go simple, keep the STi TMIC but wrap your DP and maybe look into a turbo heat shield.

If you're doing the work yourself, GL lol and don't forget to get a base map before you drive your car to get tuned!!!

BoostedM3
09-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I just bought a FP green Hta and a 44mm tial EWG setup, and Im losing sleep , my mind wont get off it.
I really want to know if I need a FMIC or not- I would rather just upgrade to a better TMIC and not have to mess with it much plus Im trying to be as frugal as possible cause Im a poor college kid - any thoughts ?"
O yeah , Im a newbie to serious bolt-ons- what exactly does rotated setup mean ? - is it just changing the location of the turbo to enable fitment of a larger aftermarket one? - Im am told I dont need to go rotated for the FPG,
I know Im going to need bigger injectors , I plan on running on E 85 - so what cc will I need? 850? 1000?
currently my engine mods are as follows : invidia divorced catless DP, AP v2 , greddy evo2 exhaust, dual catch cans, Spt intake, walbro fuel pump.- - thinking about changing out the invidia for a 4 in turbo Xs catless bellmouth DP upon turbo install :bounce:

To get the best results from the mods that you've already put your hard earned $$ into...
ID-1000's with the T1 topfeed setup that we do, with all AN fittings & lines. Highly, highly recommend a FMIC, whether it be custom, or a kit, you want to get the heat away from the intercooler as much as possible to maximize your goals. The TurboXS downpipe is a great idea as well...
With this setup, your fuel system will be good for real close to ~500whp on E-85, & should be relatively attainable with the mods listed as well.

xXSTi-lynXx
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
400WHP and 450ftlbs is my goal , i know i could get more, but i think those numbers will keep me satisfied - which brings me to another question could I attain this on 93 pump gas? I would rather be on pump gas, If i have to ill get water/meth.

yaya
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
If you go to the TurboXS dp your catback will not fit without modification. TurboXS does not make their downpipe the same length as other manufactures so you'd need custom work to fit your exhaust or switch to their catback.

So, your current dp is divorced? So what. You don't have to have a bellmouth dp to go EWG. No gasses will be flowing through that side of the divorced pipe, no need to open it up. IMO

Justin 05 Sti
09-10-2010, 11:15 AM
You will want a FMIC. I was not happy with a TMIC and my Blouch. It worked but wasn't ideal.

If you go pump gas, de-capped stock injectors will be enough. If you go E-85 you'll want the 1000cc setup.

VF34RX
09-10-2010, 11:38 AM
To get the best results from the mods that you've already put your hard earned $$ into...
ID-1000's with the T1 topfeed setup that we do, with all AN fittings & lines. Highly, highly recommend a FMIC, whether it be custom, or a kit, you want to get the heat away from the intercooler as much as possible to maximize your goals. The TurboXS downpipe is a great idea as well...
With this setup, your fuel system will be good for real close to ~500whp on E-85, & should be relatively attainable with the mods listed as well.

You will want a FMIC. I was not happy with a TMIC and my Blouch. It worked but wasn't ideal.
If you go pump gas, de-capped stock injectors will be enough. If you go E-85 you'll want the 1000cc setup.

Nail head Hit.

xXSTi-lynXx
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
looks like I have some more saving to do :(

APS 525 -intercooler kit- 1200
perrin fuel rail kit- 400
D werks 1000cc inject -600
ct spec uppipe for EWG 400
install /random parts- 300

tunes? 1000? one 93oct map and one for e85

damn like $4000 more to save up.....might be a winter long project :cry:

Justin 05 Sti
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
looks like I have some more saving to do :(

ct spec uppipe for EWG 400
install /random parts- 300

tunes? 1000? one 93oct map and one for e85

damn like $4000 more to save up.....might be a winter long project :cry:

LOL, welcome to my previous winter! :lol:

We'll have similar turbos and EWG, and the same FMIC. So I'll have a good idea what I left on the table not going to the corn whiskey. :drunken:

xXSTi-lynXx
09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
then you can have a good retort when someone gives you crap about being wasted. "you think I have a problem ?, tell that to my car it drinks moonshine by the gallon"

maybe I can also figure out a legal way to make/brew ethanol in my basement ? like a still or something
then make an 85% mix?

VF34RX
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM

:lol: You didnt listen to a single thing me and ryan said did you. MKC sells ID 1000cc injectors WITH rails for $600ish. Then you have additional options if you want to add. Also look at Grimmspeeds EWG uppipes as well. With some smart shopping and maybe some used parts you could easily cut that $4000 down by alot.

yaya
09-10-2010, 05:44 PM
^Agreed.

BoostedM3
09-10-2010, 05:45 PM

:lol: You didnt listen to a single thing me and ryan said did you. MKC sells ID 1000cc injectors WITH rails for $600ish. Then you have additional options if you want to add. Also look at Grimmspeeds EWG uppipes as well. With some smart shopping and maybe some used parts you could easily cut that $4000 down by alot.

Thanks John...here's what I've changed & come up with real quickly :

T1 Race billet rails w/ID-1000's : $649+shipping
Stainless steel braided lines & -6AN fittings : $150.00
GrimmSpeed up-pipe : $319.99
Tial 38mm EWG : $280.00
tunes??? ... $350+$100 for the additional fuel tune = $450
Now...even if we bump your labor from $300 to $450, you'd come in at $3500

damn like $4000 more to save up....

So...
We've already saved $500 from the initial estimate :thumbup:

xXSTi-lynXx
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
looks like Im going to get the parts from you guys :D

dukenukem
09-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Go hunt down used parts on nasioc and other forums ... save a fortune. :)

xXSTi-lynXx
09-11-2010, 08:30 AM
yeah, I may for some parts like the uppipe, rails, and IC I may have my injectors sent to witchhunter-not sure-
just need to save save save
thank god for dollar menu fast food :lol: