PDA

View Full Version : JDRF FUNDRAISER MEET AND GRILL

vr6rican
08-28-2010, 04:51 PM
So heres the deal peeps, I work at Advance Auto Parts off of Johnson Drive and our annual fundraiser for JDRF ( Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) is coming up. This is what i wanted to accomplish, I want us as a group to go up and have a meet/car show to draw customers in for the cause. Ill also have a friend of mine grilling and selling hot dogs, burgers, chips and drinks. All that money goes towards the JDRF. Im really looking forward for this and I hope you guys take some time to even just stop by and say hi. I think the cause is great and I want to help in anyway I can.

Heres the link, if you want to inform yourself. Knowledge is power :thumbup:
http://www.jdrf.org/

What: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Meet and Grill
When: September 18th, 8:30 a.m. till 6:00 p.m.
Where: 5360 Johnson Drive, Mission, KS, 66205

You have any questions, feel free to send me a pm.

Also i need some help, getting in contact with the Bmw, Audi, air-cooled vws and any other euro groups from around the area.

Kilby33
08-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Count me in

Legacy
08-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Ill be makin a road trip to Minnesota that day..........May stop in on the way out of town though! :lol:

vr6rican
08-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Cool thanks guys! ive also been inviting some of my regulars customers with subarus and euros even a guy with an opel. Trying to get some of my usuals that own mg midgets to come out havent seen them yet :roll:

vr6rican
08-29-2010, 10:06 PM
I forgot to mention up there. Im a group member of kch2o the local volkswagen forum. Most of us are going to be out there. Trying to get you guys and the local bmw group and any other car groups who want to come and meet some new people and help raise money for the cause.

shaggz17
08-30-2010, 10:14 AM
hey guys im new here and im sure hate will be delt upon me for my car, but im in a local club that is still relatively new and am trying to see if i can get some guys to show up.....i know were not euros at all but hey why not build a relationship between KC Subaru and KC mopar

dukenukem
08-30-2010, 10:20 AM
hey guys im new here and im sure hate will be delt upon me for my car, but im in a local club that is still relatively new and am trying to see if i can get some guys to show up.....i know were not euros at all but hey why not build a relationship between KC Subaru and KC mopar
We aren't haters, we are lovers. Love - its what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Kilby33
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM

Hey nate, glad you joined. Ill see ya up there maybe well up cruise together?

O as dukenukum said no hate, maybe a little new guy hazing but no hate 8)

shaggz17
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM

Hey nate, glad you joined. Ill see ya up there maybe well up cruise together?

O as dukenukum said no hate, maybe a little new guy hazing but no hate 8)
you better believe that we cruise up together.....so far i think i have 5 or 6 Members of KC Mopar rolling to this show, and still have yet to hear from some of the others

Kilby33
09-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Anyone else going to this? I would like to see alot of subies out there :drunken:

BoostAddict
09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Count me in! I deal w/ type 1 in the family everyday :D

shaggz17
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Anyone else going to this? I would like to see alot of subies out there :drunken:
lol and maybe a few mopars!!!

vr6rican
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys, i appreciate the support!!!! Still on lets pray for great sunny weather! :thumbleft:

shaggz17
09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
some members of KC Mopar are wanting to get some members of KC Subaru together for a breakfast before this meet....anyone interested???

NachO_SRT
09-14-2010, 06:33 AM
I've got both a Mopar and a Subaru - I'd be down for some breakfast - First Watch on SMP maybe? or Pegah's on Johnson drive, both close to the JDRF spot.

I had planned on taking both the STi and the SRT to the meet.

Hope to see you there!

NachO
(A.J.)

shaggz17
09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I've got both a Mopar and a Subaru - I'd be down for some breakfast - First Watch on SMP maybe? or Pegah's on Johnson drive, both close to the JDRF spot.

I had planned on taking both the STi and the SRT to the meet.

Hope to see you there!

NachO
(A.J.)
i think were just doin a quick breakfast at Burger king on johnson drive(???) i have heard about your SRT and am interested in seeing it :D

shaggz17
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
what time is everyone heading up there??

Kilby33
09-16-2010, 08:28 AM
what time is everyone heading up there??

im leaving paola at 8:30 am.

NachO_SRT
09-16-2010, 11:57 AM
what time @ Burger King - I'm only 1 mile away really.

I'll be out early, and I've got some afternoon plans so I'll most likely be out by 1:30 or 2pm.

I will have the SRT-4, and the STi, my wife was nice enough to drive the STi for me.

See you Saturday morning!

NachO

shaggz17
09-17-2010, 12:55 AM
we told KC mopar to meet at burger king by 7.30 because you know how no one is ever on time. that way we can eat and get to the place by 830

vr6rican
09-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks alot guys for coming!

Kilby33
09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks alot guys for coming!

no problem man. Had a good time! :D

shaggz17
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
wonder how many more ended up showing up

myveryown07
09-18-2010, 05:50 PM
didn't even see this till now :(

dukenukem
09-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I was working till 6:30 am. Sorry I pretty much slept through this thing. :oops:

shaggz17
09-18-2010, 06:53 PM
I was working till 6:30 am. Sorry I pretty much slept through this thing. :oops:
you didnt miss much. the mopars out numbered the subaru's lol its all good tho

NachO_SRT
09-18-2010, 10:07 PM
you didnt miss much. the mopars out numbered the subaru's lol its all good tho

It's true - tho we did get to see a nice Red Wagon - it was in great shape and had an STi cluster swap that came off very nice.

The chargers that were out ranged from Clean and Mean to Two Tone dropping Metal flake like a grinder. It looks sharp in the sunlight for sure. It was nice to meet the KC mopar guys, chill group.

Let's for sure hook the SRt and KC mopar guys up for a dyno day, that would be fantastic.

NachO

turbo sol
09-18-2010, 10:19 PM
It was good to finally meet some people face to face. Sorry I was only able to swing by for a bit. A bunch of nice cars!

I'll try to poke my head in more often. :mrgreen:

vr6rican
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
After you guys lefts, a couple of my friends got there with a camaro, a z,and a jagaur stype r. then a couple of the vdubs guys got there. but i guess there was a wedding they went to. so they couldnt come. :roll: