PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what previous owner all did

derekdaniel
08-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Hey guys I bought a 2007 impreza wrx from a dealership. I know the previous owner put on a SPT intake but as far as anything else goes i dont know if he reflashed to stage 1 or if he did anything to the exhaust because i dont even know what the original looks like. So my issue is I wanna mod my car but i dont know where to begin because i dont wanna mess anything up or waste money if its already been done. I am tempted to buy an acessport and at least go stage 1but i dont want to screw anything thing up if it has been protuned or has custom map on it. Please any advice and help would br greatly appreciated. I live in manhattan kansas my wife is babysitting my ride until I come home from germany on they 20th of aug.

rookrex
08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Well, maybe more pictures of the car so we can see if it may have goodies on it. I'd also bring it out after you get back in town and you'll know exactly what you have after having someone look at it. Love the red! :D

As far as mods, I would exhaust and stage 2 so it sounds :twisted: but then next on my list would be rear sway bar and endlinks. I would also get a short shifter. This of course is all depending on if you don't have these items already. This is also exactly what I have though....:lol:

There are also some free or very close to free mods that I like on mine for when you have the itch to work on your car but have no monies.

As far as accessports, I would go the opensource route. I prefer to buy another member a beer instead of spending $700 for the same thing but I'm also very cheap. You'll probably get 100 different opinions on mods, but it all depends on what you want to do with the car.

Hydrolix
08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
unless you have an aftermarket exhaust or turbo, then it probably hasn't been pro-tuned. If it was pro-tuned and then returned to stock, you don't want that either because the tune will mess up your now stock car. So, getting a new tune will be something you definitely want to do.

If you are interested in a COBB Power package I can get that for you, juts PM me. You can also just get someone to load a stage 2 map onto your car, who has the open source stuff.

Either way you need a downpipe first if that is still stock. Definitely have someone from this forum look at it for you before you do anything that way you will know what's stock and what's not...at least as far as visible changes go.

WRXNFX
08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I think that is the first red 07 I have seen.

Probably stock if it just has an intake.

If you are in KC when I am sometime we could pull the map and confirm, but it is proably stock, especially if the downpipe is stock.

dukenukem
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Check the heat shield on the downpipe. If it has been cut up then its a pretty good indicator that an aftermarket DP had been put on it sometime in the past. Also, you might just want to have your car data logged just to be sure everything is working A-OK.

derekdaniel
08-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Ok thanks guys for all the info it was definately useful

derekdaniel
08-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Ok i think I know what was done Spt intake and catback and possibly short stroke shifter feels like it. Flashed i dont think so. So i will be getting a cobb catted dp and flashed so hopefully all goes well and no probs