PDA

View Full Version : Chevy hd vs Subby wagon

pj84
07-05-2010, 11:41 PM
was curious if anyone knew how fast this car might be my buddy ran him Saturday night while we were out and about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzl5kgvutck

TunedAlready02
07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Unless that was a closed course in Mexico, it wasnt anybody here. We dont street race 8)

pj84
07-05-2010, 11:52 PM
it was most certainly on a closed road in mexico :lol:

NWAudio
07-06-2010, 11:32 PM
I came from the Duramax world before my WRX. I know that guy. He lives out by Independence or something. That truck is fast as shit. It is like his 3rd 8.1 but first one with boost I believe. The guy that tunes it with EFI Live is said to be one of the best GM Gasser tuners around. I believe that 8.1 with a boosted launch runs low 12's. He goes by tierod on the diesel place and other forums. He runs an STS turbo at 12psi.

TunedAlready02
07-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I came from the Duramax world before my WRX. I know that guy. He lives out by Independence or something. That truck is fast as shit. It is like his 3rd 8.1 but first one with boost I believe. The guy that tunes it with EFI Live is said to be one of the best GM Gasser tuners around. I believe that 8.1 with a boosted launch runs low 12's. He goes by tierod on the diesel place and other forums. He runs an STS turbo at 12psi.

The guy here is the guy with the truck, hes trying to find out who was in the Subaru that he ran. Im not sure who it is though :dontknow:

NWAudio
07-06-2010, 11:46 PM

The guy here is the guy with the truck, hes trying to find out who was in the Subaru that he ran. Im not sure who it is though :dontknow:

Yes, I see that now. Just watched the video at first, didnt really read the post.

I have seen that wagon before though, guy likes to race thats for sure.

slowagon
07-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Its me and I must say that truck impressed the hell out of me

WRXNFX
07-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Good old Mexico.. :D

That wagon was fast back in the day, probably faster now.. 8)

So that truck is an 8 liter turbo? :shock:

VF34RX
07-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Its me and I must say that truck impressed the hell out of me

I knew it! :lol:

Is the 8.1 a stock engine or is it a built, bored, stroked engine?

NWAudio
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
From what I understand this engine is mostly stock, or used to be. His last truck that burnt up was stroked and N/A. It ran 12.44 @ 108mph

pj84
07-07-2010, 05:16 PM
its my friends truck and this is his second 8.1 truck. there is nothing crazy about this it has a pt88 on it and only running on 12lbs rite now.. other than that it has electric fans and roller rockers. He has not had to the track or the dyno yet.

WRXNFX
07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
its my friends truck and this is his second 8.1 truck. there is nothing crazy about this it has a pt88 on it and only running on 12lbs rite now.. other than that it has electric fans and roller rockers. He has not had to the track or the dyno yet.

Just a PT88?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/jasony0630/pt88.jpg

:lol:

TunedAlready02
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM

Just a PT88?

giant%20turbo

Gotta remember that thing is supplying boost for an engine that is 3-4 times the size of ours with more compression.

WRXNFX
07-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Gotta remember that thing is supplying boost for an engine that is 3-4 times the size of ours with more compression.

Do I gotta? :lol:

Is it trucks or Texas that did this to you? :lol:

TunedAlready02
07-07-2010, 09:33 PM

Do I gotta? :lol:

Is it trucks or Texas that did this to you? :lol:

Yes you gotta.

and what? :lol:

myveryown07
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
...........let page have a turn.....outta the hole

pnasmith
07-10-2010, 06:01 PM

This...in Mexico of course :wink: .

Pete

pnasmith
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM

Just a PT88?

giant%20turbo

This must make even STI mileage look good 8) .
Impressive though.

Pete

pj84
07-12-2010, 06:51 AM

pm me and this can be setup.....

WRXNFX
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM

what should I post as my first post, I know, a street race video.

Wow, what am I going to post for my 4th post, I know a street race cll out.

Why didn't you PM him or Page? I think you need to realize this is not a street racing site, keep it in code or PM's.

Just4fuN
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM

Why didn't you PM him or Page? I think you need to realize this is not a street racing site, keep it in code or PM's.

This.

myveryown07
07-17-2010, 04:32 PM

This.
why would i pm him again? i don't even know pages number.... :?

Zero1
07-17-2010, 04:48 PM

This.

I believe this was directed toward the newb PJ and not you :shock:

WRXNFX
07-17-2010, 05:00 PM

I believe this was directed toward the newb PJ and not you :shock:

This, obviously this, and why would you need Page's number to PM him? :shock:

SubaSteve
07-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Why didn't you PM him or Page? I think you need to realize this is not a street racing site, keep it in code or PM's. thanx Jeff, I thought I was going to have to say something along those lines. Well said. And for pj guy, man we are a car club, not a street racing crew. Keep the millions of "youtube car vs car videos " to a Minimum.

myveryown07
07-18-2010, 11:28 AM
i'm saying if he is gonna pm me thats meaning he is gonna want me to set it up. ricer hicks.

slowagon
07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I think that he saw my kcsubaru sticker on the back of my car so hence him joining. I talked a little with him that night and seemed like a pretty cool guy.

WRXNFX
07-18-2010, 06:55 PM
I think that he saw my kcsubaru sticker on the back of my car so hence him joining. I talked a little with him that night and seemed like a pretty cool guy.

I bet he is.