PDA

View Full Version : a/c probs

ndwolfwood
05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
so i knew either my ac didnt work or it wasnt blowing cold air...so while washing my car today i decided to open the hood and check for the compressor to turn on, or be spinning when i turned the ac on...

compressor wouldnt turn on, spins freely, fuse is not bad, connections are good im not sure where to go from there

also, has anybody here had their ac compressor replaced, if so how much did it run you...parts and labor?

any other help/suggestions would be nice

thanks all

WRXNFX
05-29-2010, 05:10 PM
If it isn't making noises, may just need a refigerant charge.

There are a couple bike looking valves on the AC lines. If you push on one with a screw driver and nothing happens, system is out.

Most cars have a small window too. You let the car sit and if on start up you see bubble you know you are low..

Compressor, it is not cheap. $500++ IIRC. A good time for the club discount Fo Sho.

TunedAlready02
05-29-2010, 05:13 PM
What he siad ^^^

The compressor wont kick of if youre low on 134, so dont jump to the conclusion that your compressor is bad.

ndwolfwood
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
do those cheapo recharge kits work?

ive seen them around, never thought they would work properly for being so cheap

don's scoob
05-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I haven't had good luck with the recharge kits. I just had mine refilled and she howls like a banshee after starting it up.

Crispy
05-30-2010, 05:59 PM
I haven't had good luck with the recharge kits. I just had mine refilled and she howls like a banshee after starting it up.
Did you put in oil+coolant or just coolant?

DIGA_DELAY
06-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Did you put in oil+coolant or just coolant?

Is it the compressor making noise or the belt? Could need to adjust the tension on the belt.

don's scoob
06-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah oil was put in as well as dye to check for leaks. My guess is it had been so low and I haven't run it in so long that everything is a little dry and just needs a few more cycles to lube up.