PDA

View Full Version : Sale Cancelled-Going back to stock. See other thread

bkwilliams
05-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I do this with much sadness, but I'm selling my STI. The motor is being rebuilt right now and my wife says I must sell it upon its return. I've only owned it a short time (7 months), but have had some rough luck with the car. Lost the first motor a couple months in when the silly little clip fell out of the wrist pin, causing it to rattle around in the cylinder and score the block. I rebuilt it with a new block and JE pistons. The crank and rods tested out fine, so I reused them. Turns out one of the rods was NOT fine and snapped, taking out the second motor only 2500 miles into it's short life. It's been an expensive 7 months to say the least.
That brings everyone up to date. The car is currently at AMS performance in Chicago awaiting my instructions as to what I want in the new motor. I'm offering not only the car for sale, but YOU GET TO CHOOSE THE COMPONENTS you want it built with! It will be dyno tuned with your setup. You also will get to break it in exactly how you want it done. I prefer to give it to the new owner with literally 0 non-shop, non-dyno miles on it. You get none of the mystery that comes with buying a modified car because the motor will be brand spankin new! This is an opportunity to get a completely built motor with all the top shelf mods hanging of it without the pain and major expense of doing yourself. This car is an absolute beast, and if built up right, it will be a reliable beast. And since I put the new clutch in it (2500 easy miles on it), it is very daily-drivable also.
Ryan at MKC know this car better than anyone and can vouch for it's condition, its potential, and how well its been cared for.
Here's my page from the member gallery with the details on the car:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18112 (http://kcsubaru.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18112)
This is a rare opportunity to get a car built exactly the way you want it, break it in yourself and pay far less than it would cost you to do it on you own. I'm willing to entertain offers, maybe trades+cash. I prefer to sell it out right, but I'm willing to get creative and hammer out a deal that works for buyer and seller. I'd like to see $28-29k out of it, depending how you want it built. Price will vary obviously if you choose fancier components.
PM me or call at 913-484-4740 with any questions or offers.
Brian

bkwilliams
05-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Almost forgot. Car has almost 39k miles on it. Most of the mods have 13k on them (5k by me, 8k by previous owner). Turbo was just cleaned and inspected with no shaft play during the last rebuild 2500 miles ago. SS brakelines, clutch, GMS radiator, Kartboy Short shifter (not installed) were done by me and have less than 5k on them. Tires were new when I bought the car so they have 5k on them also. They are BF Goodrich KDW's.

Hydrolix
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
It sucks that you've had such troubles. Good luck with the sale!

NoAffiliationSTi
05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
aaron should buy it.... shop car for his new business venture

bkwilliams
05-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm going to need to make a decision on this pretty quick, so if anyone's interested in buying the car, let me know ASAP. If no one is interested in the whole car, I most likely will be swapping in a complete stock motor. This means all the mod are for sale. AMS rotated GT30 Turbo kit, exhaust, FMIC, coilovers, etc. Let me know if your interested in anything. For the non-engine stuff I will most likely need stock replacements.

bkwilliams
05-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Car is being parted out. Go here:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=20199&p=228732#p228732 (http://kcsubaru.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=20199&p=228732#p228732)