PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Aftermarket Bucket Seats

Lohekame
02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Does anyone have a good recommendation for adjustable bucket seats that can fit a 2000 Impreza without much modification (drilling etc)? Anyone with experience with Hyper Spec products? http://www.hyperautoparts.com/shop/home ... DAodb0C5dA (http://www.hyperautoparts.com/shop/home.php?cat=377&gclid=CND11bjci6ACFRDyDAodb0C5dA) They seem to be a lot cheaper than Momo and Recaro etc. I am not sure if it is a case of paying for brand name, or you get what you paid for. Please help. Thanks.

NoAffiliationSTi
02-24-2010, 06:35 PM
you definately get what you pay for on seats..I've had sparcos and recaros in the past...compared to a inexpensive and lesser quality seat there is quite a difference

myveryown07
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
if you wait cseaman is going to be selling his sti seats

cseaman
02-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I *may* be selling/trading my stock STi interior.

As far as aftermarket seats are concerned, I've spent two years pondering them, and after lots of research, I came to the conclusion that NoAffiliation came to. You DEFINITELY get what you pay for with seats.

I ordered a set of Recaro Speeds for my car...and am really really really looking forwards to them. I'd recommend saving up for a set of nice Recaros or Sparcos.

Lohekame
02-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. The biggest complain I have for my current stock seats is that it does not have enough thigh support. This is most noticeable in the high speed turns. How are the STI seats in this department? I might be interested in a set of used one. Do you anticipate a lot of modification to the bracket or slider rails to accommodate your new Recaro seats?

cseaman
02-28-2010, 08:43 PM
That all depends on your size. I never had any issues falling out of the seats going through the big I-70 Topeka bend at 90mph hahah.

STi seats are nice, but they're built for bigger framed people..it's all relative. Certainly a big upgrade over base Impreza or WRX TR seats, thats for sure.

Oh, and I ordered the Recaros with Recaro brackets and sliders, so there should be no adjustment/modifications necessary.

myveryown07
03-01-2010, 12:12 AM
That all depends on your size. I never had any issues falling out of the seats going through the big I-70 Topeka bend at 90mph hahah.

STi seats are nice, but they're built for bigger framed people..it's all relative. Certainly a big upgrade over base Impreza or WRX TR seats, thats for sure.

Oh, and I ordered the Recaros with Recaro brackets and sliders, so there should be no adjustment/modifications necessary.
hey now...i have the wrx limited seats and they hold me in well and they are the same as the STI seats..i like them they were a nice upgrade

VF34RX
03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
02-03 WRX seats are the most supportive out of all the US based subaru's. Find someone with a bugeye and test them out.

NoAffiliationSTi
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
02-03 WRX seats are the most supportive out of all the US based subaru's.

hmm the things I could say in regards to a booster seat for you.... lol

VF34RX
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM

:roll: My daughter is rocking a recaro seat. :D 8)

cseaman
03-01-2010, 08:47 PM

:roll: My daughter is rocking a recaro seat. :D 8)

Now that's a ballin dad. 8)

Just4fuN
03-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Now that's a ballin dad. 8)

Don't be fooled. He bought the seat for himself. Now he can see over the steering wheel.

DIGA_DELAY
03-03-2010, 09:33 PM

hey now...i have the wrx limited seats and they hold me in well and they are the same as the STI seats..i like them they were a nice upgrade

USDM STi seats are bigger than the JDM seats. I have JDM ones and they are super tight and supportive. They're built for small Japanese people and I and a pretty skinny guy so the work great.