PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here running a water/meth injection setup?

cseaman
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I've been offered a trade of a brand new Perrin PWI-2 W/M setup for some stuff I have. It's pretty tempting, especially since I just spent another chunk of change on interior/wheels...gotta keep everything rounded out engine wise.

Any comments, insight, anything? Tuning issues?

LeggyGT-Rs
02-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Call and talk to Roberson up at LSS, he installed the Docs aquamist system. I do not know what specs are on it, but when I drove his car with the system on, and off, and on again... you could tell the difference.

Sounds like a cool idea

Justin 05 Sti
02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I am not a big fan of water injection on a daily driver.

If you are serious about more power you should consider a bigger turbo, instead of trying to squeeze every last bit out of the stocker.

NoAffiliationSTi
02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I've got the aem meth kit on my car...

VF34RX
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM

If you are serious about more power you should consider a bigger turbo, instead of trying to squeeze every last bit out of the stocker.

This. There are alot of options out there that spool low and give alot more head room than the 39. Plus you already have an EWG and fmic setup so all you need is a bigger turbo and retune. Plus you wont have to worry about running out or the system failing.

cseaman
02-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Why? I know Doc walker has meth on his car, but I haven't heard about his car in quite a while now. I'd go 3076R, got a good offer from Megan for the one she has...but I'm just nervous about doing that to a car that already has 70k on the stock engine. I dunno. How many miles are you at on your car?

Oh yeah, what ever happened to getting your wheels polished?!

Justin 05 Sti
02-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Why? I know Doc walker has meth on his car, but I haven't heard about his car in quite a while now. I'd go 3076R, got a good offer from Megan for the one she has...but I'm just nervous about doing that to a car that already has 70k on the stock engine. I dunno. How many miles are you at on your car?

Oh yeah, what ever happened to getting your wheels polished?!

I see it as another reservoir to fill, and another point of failure. If you are pushing enough boost and timing to require it, things will go bad in a hurry if it stops working. It has it's place but I don't think that place is a DD car.

I've got almost 80k on my car. The Blouch went on shortly after 60k.

Don't get me started on the wheels. :evil: He took possession of them (and cashed my check) at the beginning of October. After the new year I've had my emails (to two of his accounts) ignored. I've been avoiding calling as I will likely fly off the handle if he says anything other than "they're ready".

LeggyGT-Rs
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM

He is also pushing more than 400 WHP, on his much larger than stock turbo. And his car was way over built; he put an engine oil cooler in the stock TMIC spot... hehe EVERY detail was taken on his car. I was simply saying Chris at LSS installed his system, so he would also be a good info. point.

cseaman
02-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I see it as another reservoir to fill, and another point of failure. If you are pushing enough boost and timing to require it, things will go bad in a hurry if it stops working. It has it's place but I don't think that place is a DD car.

I've got almost 80k on my car. The Blouch went on shortly after 60k.

Don't get me started on the wheels. :evil: He took possession of them (and cashed my check) at the beginning of October. After the new year I've had my emails (to two of his accounts) ignored. I've been avoiding calling as I will likely fly off the handle if he says anything other than "they're ready".

Fair enough..can't really argue with your points.

And uh, well...I have too short of a temper and way few patience for that, but I think everyone knows I'd go balls wild. A little post on KCSR probably wouldn't hurt ;)

Chad
02-09-2010, 11:40 PM
[quote="Justin 05 Sti":22rusvl0]

He is also pushing more than 400 WHP, on his much larger than stock turbo. And his car was way over built; he put an engine oil cooler in the stock TMIC spot... hehe EVERY detail was taken on his car. I was simply saying Chris at LSS installed his system, so he would also be a good info. point.[/quote:22rusvl0]

He is pushing over 400whp with the Meth kit on 22psi and the Perrin 20g.

But, the Meth Injection kit was installed here, while everything else I believe was installed at LSS. It was the Aquamist HFS-5 kit to be exact with a rear mounted aluminum fuel cell so he didn't have to fill it up as much. Very slick setup, I'm trying to find the pictures of the install, but since it was before the crash of the site I'm having little luck. Not sure which computer I had it on at the time.

Personally with the availability of E85 in our area, I would look to that vs a meth injection kit.

LeggyGT-Rs
02-10-2010, 11:52 AM
He is pushing over 400whp with the Meth kit on 22psi and the Perrin 20g.

But, the Meth Injection kit was installed here, while everything else I believe was installed at LSS. It was the Aquamist HFS-5 kit to be exact with a rear mounted aluminum fuel cell so he didn't have to fill it up as much. Very slick setup, I'm trying to find the pictures of the install, but since it was before the crash of the site I'm having little luck. Not sure which computer I had it on at the time.

Personally with the availability of E85 in our area, I would look to that vs a meth injection kit.

Oh okay. :)