PDA

View Full Version : FS - 2005 WRX STi - OBP, 70k miles

cseaman
01-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, the time has come. I'm about halfway through my deployment, and want to get this out there for the sake of allowing any interested people to know by the time I come home.

I'm the second owner of this STi, purchased from LS Subaru in May of 2008. The first owner was Greg Walker, the doctor who had MKC build up his '08 STi (that he traded this car in on at LSS.)

It's Obsidian Black Pearl, and is sitting in my storage unit with 70,0XX miles on it. It has been religiously maintained, and I drove it over 34,000 miles in the 12 months I had it in the states before I deployed. Full synthetic oil changes every 3500-4000 miles, tranny and diff fluid changes to Royal Purple's fluid in the last 15k miles, brakes, coolant flush, new radiator hoses, etc. Being that the car took me from Fort Riley (Manhattan, KS area) to KC every weekend, I never risked cheaping out on anything.

In the time I had the car, I only had two problems. First was when the ECU got temporarily fried during tuning, and the other was that the front o2 sensor took a crap at ~65k miles. The OEM ECU was fixed by Cobb, and LS Subaru replaced the o2 sensor. The car will also come with another spare OEM ECU.

Considering it's black, and it's my daily driver, the paint isn't perfect. It has a few minor door dings, but zero dents or deep scratches.

This car has been an amazing experience for me, but life is calling for something different that'll better suit where the next year is taking me, and it's time for this to go.

All mods (and most recent pictures) to the car can be seen at this link. It HAS been updated to reflect parts that were taken off during the brief part-out the car had before I left.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17269 (http://kcsubaru.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17269)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

$18,500 OBO.

- Chris

DWCook
01-05-2010, 05:55 AM
If I may ask why you selling it now? Figure you would keep the STI for a long time.

Justin 05 Sti
01-05-2010, 09:05 AM
If I may ask why you selling it now? Figure you would keep the STI for a long time.

Actually, he's considered selling it multiple times already. Just sounds like he's really serious this time. :lol: :cry:

stentorian
01-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Whens the last time it's been driven? Nicely modded and priced...and local...hmmm.
-Joe

bizzelstiharris
01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
:rr: For my 1K post.............................................. ......................... FREE BUMP For the sickest 05 in town. :rr:

cseaman
01-05-2010, 10:14 PM
:rr: For my 1K post.............................................. ......................... FREE BUMP For the sickest 05 in town. :rr:

I am not worthy!!! :lol: You're the man..thanks for the bump and let anyone looking for an STi about it!

Actually, he's considered selling it multiple times already. Just sounds like he's really serious this time. :lol: :cry:

Indeed. I don't really have an answer for you, Silence.

And no, nothing is being kept in the shadows about it..it just is time to move on for numerous reasons.

Whens the last time it's been driven? Nicely modded and priced...and local...hmmm.
-Joe

August 25th, 2009 was the last time it was driven.

Let me know if you have any specific questions man.

Fran
01-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Does it still have the stock turbo?

bigboy
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
if i remember correctly yes it has the stock turbo...

zero7starz
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
What are you thinking of replacing it with?

cseaman
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
What are you thinking of replacing it with?

Either a C6 Corvette or a CTS-V.

Does it still have the stock turbo?

Yes sir, it does.

BoostAddict
01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Just want to add that this car was voted the car of the month before. Somebody buy it!!

Fran
01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I have an opening in the garage, very tempting :D .

cseaman
01-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Just throwing it out there..it seems like you guys can find most anything...and possibly my STi's replacement for me..!

Just want to add that this car was voted the car of the month before. Somebody buy it!!

Thanks, Mark! I wish you the best with the sale of yours too. If insurance wouldn't cost the same, I'd try to snatch yours up.

Fran
01-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Just throwing it out there..it seems like you guys can find most anything...and possibly my STi's replacement for me..!

Certainly can.

I can't make up my mind what I want next. Love the new M3's and I still have a soft spot for the STI's.

stentorian
01-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Is this still for sale? And can I check it out sometime? Thanks
-Joe

cseaman
01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
It's for sale..not too negotiable on the price if I ditch it though. I won't be home for another month and a half though.

bizkit642
01-28-2010, 03:40 AM
If you need be I could arrange to show it. I'm not too terribly far from Manhattan.

cseaman
01-31-2010, 07:27 AM
If you need be I could arrange to show it. I'm not too terribly far from Manhattan.

I appreciate the offer for sure, however, the storage garage I have it in has a crazy password gated entrance, so it's not as easy as just giving you the key.

I'll be more than happy to show it to anyone here in mid-March, I'll be in KC.