PDA

View Full Version : 05 legacy on craigslist

mikedopen
12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
not mine !! sounds like he's gonna default on his loan, but an interesting opportunity!
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1519360783.html

BigC
12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
No title.... There's obviously a lien on it and whoever buys it is going to have some serious issues with that. I would certainly want to know what the balance of the note is before buying it.

mikedopen
12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
No title.... There's obviously a lien on it and whoever buys it is going to have some serious issues with that. I would certainly want to know what the balance of the note is before buying it.
I was just thinking for parts.

BigC
12-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I was just thinking for parts.

Ahhh, yeah, that's about all it would be good for....

mikedopen
12-21-2009, 07:37 PM
then someone could have an add on here for a part out, for like 18 months :P

compro
12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
i should buy it and put the 98 leggy 2.2 in it. like a sleeper but in reverse!

slowagon
12-22-2009, 09:12 AM
id say buyit, put a motor in it, then put a mechanics lien against it for a high price and get paid decently

Crispy
12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Having been out of the auto finance industry for a few year it's been a while since I've seen such a poor attempt at fraud. Kind of sad to not get to see how this is going to play out.

Maybe pay cash for it, don't sign anything, and don't have any contact with him that can be traced back to you. Then just part it out and scrap the shell.

kcscoob
12-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I noticed the post is not up any more. The day it was posted, I called the guy to find out the story on the title. He could not supply a good explanation as to where the title was. He just stated that he owed too much property tax and could not pay the tax bill. I am assuming the title is being held at a bank. I am going to chalk this one up as "too good to be true". Without the title you would be exposing yourself to legal issues, I would think.

However, It might be kind of fun, from an adrenaline perspective, to have a stolen car in your garage.