PDA

View Full Version : Jack Miller Subaru

WRXNFX
12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Are they closing?

They have like 20 Subaru's all spread out on an empty lot.

Looks bad..

BoostAddict
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Perhaps they got really busy? :lol:

forumrecon153
12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Perhaps they got really busy? :lol:

and sold all the cars to others dealers

Legacy
12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
I know that they have continuously stocked more mitsu's than subies since they took different management. Maybe the other two dealers are just taking too much business.

Or, maybe they are just repaving the lot......... :lol:

I am sure Patrick knows more about it, but can understand if he can't talk about it.

Lunger
12-17-2009, 01:43 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/LordStanley1066/HOGANSHEROS.jpg

I know NOTHING!

WRXNFX
12-17-2009, 07:39 AM

I know NOTHING!

You just Colonel Klinked us?? :lol:

VF34RX
12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
My guess would be that they are trying to get rid of their inventory from that recent Chrysler failing thing.

DanC
12-17-2009, 09:20 AM

I know NOTHING!

That is AWESOME. lol

I wish I could get away with using that in my work email replies.

NoAffiliationSTi
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Jeff their lot has looked like that for a good part of this year, since I drive by it everyday to work.

WRXNFX
12-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey Jeff their lot has looked like that for a good part of this year, since I drive by it everyday to work.

Where is your work?

NoAffiliationSTi
12-17-2009, 12:03 PM
i actually drop the wife off at work first, she works at the President Hilton downtown...then i go down to the west bottoms where keystone is

Hydrolix
12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
It's looked lie that for a while.

Lunger
12-17-2009, 11:29 PM

I know NOTHING!

You just Colonel Klinked us?? :lol:

Haha. Yeah, not as bad as being Rick rolled but still effective. :wink:

07_WrX_85
01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
testing

slowagon
01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
rumor in the auto field is they are up for sale so we shall see

WRXNFX
01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Who scooped it,,, THIS GUY!!! :mrgreen: :cheers: :rr: :la: :booty:

subisan
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I knew they were doomed when I bought my Forester from them in 2007, every time i went back they were all standing around doing nothing and talking about how hard it was to sell cars lol.

slowagon
01-13-2010, 12:04 AM
oh well though thats the car biz. anymore its really tough to be a one line dealer (especially with a niche like subaru). if the rumor is true then i feel sorry for the guys that will be out of a job or talked in to going to their sister store to work with crap (aka kia) or worse yet having new owners come in and cut pay, make work longer hours, etc. just like when they sold off the south store and look at it, slowly dwindling down cause of owners and upper management that cant make decisions worth a crap. sorry to go on a rant im just tired of hearing about job losses in the car business cause those of who are still in it then get to worry when it will happen to them or how easily it seems we can be replaced due to the large employee pool :D

VF34RX
01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
I'll be happy when jack stealer leaves the auto business.

pnasmith
01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I was told during my last service trip (don't ask :evil: ) Van Chevy bought them. The informant was "unsure" of the future branding at the main lot, but was confident the Subaru lot would remain. Only time will tell I guess.

Pete

PenguinSti
01-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I was told during my last service trip (don't ask :evil: ) Van Chevy bought them. The informant was "unsure" of the future branding at the main lot, but was confident the Subaru :evil: lot would remain. Only time will tell I guess.

Pete

That's what I have heard...... :hal

LeggyGT-Rs
01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Yep/// You can find it soon-ish at the former Gladstone Dodge location.... Should be pretty big :(

Just4fuN
01-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Yep/// You can find it soon-ish at the former Gladstone Dodge location.... Should be pretty big :(

What? Gladstone Dodge is still on North Oak. Are you telling me the Subaru dealership is going to move there?

LeggyGT-Rs
01-16-2010, 02:03 PM

What? Gladstone Dodge is still on North Oak. Are you telling me the Subaru dealership is going to move there?
Pretty sure. JMNorths location is surely not big enough for the floor plan that "Van can," He has a ton of dealers across the country. and lots of capitol, I can only assume it will be a HUGE lot

Just4fuN
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Pretty sure. JMNorths location is surely not big enough for the floor plan that "Van can," He has a ton of dealers across the country. and lots of capitol, I can only assume it will be a HUGE lot

If that's the case, I hope they can provide some solid service, a-la LSS. Gladstone Dodge is literally walking distance from my house!

pnasmith
01-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Gladstone Dodge is literally walking distance from my house!
Just about coasting distance from mine.

Pete

WRXNFX
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
My source says Jack Miller is moving onto Van Chevrolets lot by Home Depot in Vivion.

slowagon
01-27-2010, 11:00 AM
if van takes over i wil definately stay away from them- bunch of crooks at the chevy dealer anyway

07_WrX_85
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I will just take my wrex to LSS... Was pretty impressed with their willingness to help Rookrex and not charge him for it!

rookrex
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I will just take my wrex to LSS... Was pretty impressed with their willingness to help Rookrex and not charge him for it!
+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just4fuN
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM
My source says Jack Miller is moving onto Van Chevrolets lot by Home Depot in Vivion.

If they're moving to Van's lot, I'm still going to have to pass. I remain LSS faithful because I haven't heard great things about Van.

pnasmith
01-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I have not any experience with Van but judging by what I'm reading here, this move will be the final push that gets US out LSS.

Sorry it took so long Patrick, but I was torn; I've always firmly believed that loyalty is rewarded. JMS treated us well on both purchases, so we rewarded them with our service business. They have always taken pretty good care of our babies so changing service departments would have just felt weird.

I will be settling up one more service call (they're LAST chance with the clunk/knock) and immediately scheduling a 'check up' with LSS; both so I can become acquainted with them, and so they can become acquainted Polly. They'll likely see Cloe shortly thereafter, she's due for an oil change.

Pete

WRXNFX
01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

+1, LSS is the best. If I were in KC and not working when they were open, they would still be doing all my work. Sorry family and work come first, Just barely. :D

Lunger #2
01-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the kind words about LSS. This community's loyalty is A+!

Hydrolix
01-28-2010, 01:05 PM
LSS is definitely the place to go. I just wish they were closer to where I live!

WRXNFX
01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
LSS is definitely the place to go. I just wish they were closer to where I live!

MOVE... I KEEDD

07_WrX_85
01-28-2010, 02:20 PM

They way I figure it, its just an excuse to drive my car some more... Basic math (Great drive x Great service = Great Squared...) lol

WRXNFX
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Oddly enough, there lot is full now. :shock:

Lunger
02-12-2010, 08:45 PM

More oddities to follow....

pnasmith
02-12-2010, 09:35 PM
The latest dirt from today...the lot IS full, some of the cars have Van licence plate cards...not a WRX or STI among them. Supposedly they're getting part of the Van Big Lot, but will still be separate. All of the employees will be retained.

Pete

WRXNFX
02-12-2010, 10:06 PM

More oddities to follow....

Do tell.

scooby2.5
02-15-2010, 11:55 AM
IMHO, the jack miller parts guy...seemed to forget his name.....is the best Subaru parts guy in this area bar none.

As far as mechanics....I hear Chris is good at LSS but I never have used him.

The two mechanics I always use...Brett Lofton and Mike Pegel at Olathe Subaru. These guys are the best.

I wish LSS would hire these 3 guys I mentioned. If they did they would get ALL my business.

WRXNFX
02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
IMHO, the jack miller parts guy...seemed to forget his name.....is the best Subaru parts guy in this area bar none.

As far as mechanics....I hear Chris is good at LSS but I never have used him.

The two mechanics I always use...Brett Lofton and Mike Pegel at Olathe Subaru. These guys are the best.

I wish LSS would hire these 3 guys I mentioned. If they did they would get ALL my business.

I heard buzz buzz buzz, but plus 1 on Mike Pagel , he is a memeber here, and he LOVES cars.

I have his cell number and call him about once a year with a "OK Mike, if the dipstick won't come out" or "if the Tranny wont seperate from the engine" etc and Mike is always great.

If Mike didn't like like 5 minutes from OS I would push him hard to work at LSS. :)

scooby2.5
02-15-2010, 01:36 PM
You heard buzz buzz buzz because your ears were shut for a minute. :lol:

I am loyal to no one unless I KNOW for a fact they are good at what they do.

Ive been to all of these dealers in this area before and after they changed hands and also before LSS purchased this website.

Some people working at these dealers are better than others and if they are working on my car, Im going with WHO I know to be best, not which dealer is best.

Mike, Brett, and Jim (parts guy at jack miller) have been around much longer than the ownership of this website.