PDA

View Full Version : one for the old guy

zone
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I hardy ever drive the car in the winter but I had to (it may get dirty) lol.

Looking to see if anyone knows of a Porsche Boxter in the Excelsior, Lawson area.

Cliff Notes: Driving home around 5pm north on 69 Hwy. Porsche does fly-by…me.. What ever…Porsche slows I stay behind…Porsche and WRX catch light together…..Oh snap…Porsche revs…WRX bounces off rev limiter…Light turns green….WRX adjust rear-view mirror to look at Porsche

NoAffiliationSTi
12-15-2009, 01:58 PM
lol you got a honda flyby by a porsche

Hydrolix
12-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Boxter's are weak...I'm shocked Porche makes such a car.

cseaman
12-15-2009, 08:59 PM
hahha, awesome. nothing better than obliterating a car from a stop that has no idea it's going to be obliterated.

Ahhh I love these posts.

Please elaborate as to what is so weak about them?

LeggyGT-Rs
12-15-2009, 09:42 PM
hahha, awesome. nothing better than obliterating a car from a stop that has no idea it's going to be obliterated.

Ahhh I love these posts.

Depends on the year. new 2010 Boxter Spyder? I would take one in a heart beat, 3.6 320 hp, 7spd PDK... Sex.
I would want a Boxter or my own Demi-God the Cayman. Mid engined, super handling goodness.

Hydrolix
12-15-2009, 10:55 PM

Ahhh I love these posts.

The new ones are of course different, but the old ones...I don't like the way they look. They don't "feel" like porches when you drive them. I could beat them when my WRX was stg. 1 and they were something like 60 grand.

cubedweller
12-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Maaaannn, I could totally lay waste to like, a 914. :blackeye:

VF34RX
12-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Maaaannn, I could totally lay waste to like, a 914. :blackeye:

:lol: you could do better than that. My stock 01 prelude could outrun an older boxster.

Yes that is the best. You glance at him that you are game, but just grin cause you know he has no chance. :twisted: :lol:

cseaman
12-16-2009, 09:12 AM
i'm a euro freak and you guys are giving me a heartattack with all these 'porsche' and 'boxster' misspellings. :shock:

a base boxster is nothing to worry about in a straight line, but i think if people had driven a recent boxster/cayman s, they'd understand what is so amazing about those cars.

myveryown07
12-18-2009, 04:04 PM
i'm a euro freak and you guys are giving me a heartattack with all these 'porsche' and 'boxster' misspellings. :shock:

a base boxster is nothing to worry about in a straight line, but i think if people had driven a recent boxster/cayman s, they'd understand what is so amazing about those cars.
exactly its not all about the straight line. thats not what the car was intended for if it was they would have built something like the new camaro or something made just to go, but the curves are where its at.

ev0l
12-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Having grown up around Porsche and Audi all my life I have a soft spot for them, but I drove an 04 911 the other day (the NA RWD) and wasn't too in to it. It was light in the front end and felt floaty at speed and in corners.

Just4fuN
12-21-2009, 03:54 PM

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking as I read through the posts.

I haven't had any run-ins with any Porch Boxes. :roll: :lol:

mikedopen
12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
I've had 2 914's, not great as a drag racer, But a blast through the corners.(better than my STI) :oops:
I'll take any porsche, any model any day.

trucker922
12-21-2009, 10:31 PM
+1 for porksshe love